January 2020 Hatch along

Pics
@FortCluck are you a hatching assister if needed?
Yeah I can help if needed. Everything looks good so far though. I helped a lot my first hatch.

This one didn't hatch even 3 days after the hatch date. I opened the egg and it was barely alive, but I just sold it and it was perfectly healthy when it left here!

IMG_20191102_091802.jpg

Yeah I can help if needed. Everything looks good so far though. I helped a lot my first hatch.

This one didn't hatch even 3 days after the hatch date. I opened the egg and it was barely alive, but I just sold it and it was perfectly healthy when it left here!

View attachment 2009893
Cutie!!!

I only asked because I would just make a cage over the eggs that aren’t due so you can still get to the hatching ones. I could be wrong.... but I think I’ve seen @aart post a cage before made out of hardware cloth and zip ties? If she did, I’d bet money she has it bookmarked to share....:fl

Cutie!!!

I only asked because I would just make a cage over the eggs that aren’t due so you can still get to the hatching ones. I could be wrong.... but I think I’ve seen @aart post a cage before made out of hardware cloth and zip ties? If she did, I’d bet money she has it bookmarked to share....:fl
I just sent my husband to the store on his lunch break... I got these to out the eggs in that aren't due to hatch.

20200124_112632.jpg

I have made dividers for 2 different bators, and an HC 'cage' for aggressive chicks in the brooder.

I just sent my husband to the store on his lunch break... I got these to out the eggs in that aren't due to hatch.
Those should work to cover eggs that are due later(staggered hatch, I presume?) from the hatching chicks.

I have made dividers for 2 different bators, and an HC 'cage' for aggressive chicks in the brooder.

Those should work to cover eggs that are due later(staggered hatch, I presume?) from the hatching chicks.
I receive free eggs from someone that I gave my roosters to that were human aggressive and in return he gave me three dozen eggs.

A lot of his eggs didn't make it, only about half of them did So whenever I would pull out some of his I would add a couple of mine. My eggs are always ready to go into the incubator and they are usually 90% for a hatch rate.

He wasn't very experienced in how to handle fertilized eggs and I tried to explain it to him as best as I could, but I don't think they were handled properly or the breeding stock isn't great. I got 36 eggs and I think I only have about 15 left in the incubator. There was also a language barrier between us because he is from a different country So I'm sure some of what I said wasn't understood completely.

Either way he is going to take any males that I don't want 😁

Back
Top Bottom