January 2020 Hatch along

They came from G-Bear Farms, the Guilberts in Oklahoma.

their eggs just won the national show for marans eggs, I think it was the marans club, but I get confused between the two groups.
You mean in Ohio. If so I voted on some and a gentleman gave me one of his egg . They were pullet so it probably wasn't fertile as I got a Dominique to hatch wantbsome of them dark eggs

Good luck @wolfwalker!

I’m doing a shipped egg hatch too, setting this afternoon after a day and a half or so of rest. That will put me to hatch on the 11th, right with you.

They’re so dark, I guess it will be mostly crossing my fingers.

These are black copper, as well as blue copper and splash copper marans. there are two dirty eggs I think I may wash...

View attachment 1985735

Im a little jealous, ive found a lovely little breeder of french copper marans nearby and i intend to set some when the weather gets a little warmer, they are the last egg colour i need to complete the collection. I intend to cross them with legbars next year to get some olives.
Itss still too wet here, feels like we have had 3 monthss of solid rain :he

Im a little jealous, ive found a lovely little breeder of french copper marans nearby and i intend to set some when the weather gets a little warmer, they are the last egg colour i need to complete the collection. I intend to cross them with legbars next year to get some olives.
Itss still too wet here, feels like we have had 3 monthss of solid rain :he
We are abnormally dry for the winter here! Hope your weather improves AND you hatch some beauties this year!!

move got some Opal Legbars, and I’m thinking I’ll make some lavender olive eggers with them if I get a nice cockerel out of the hatch.

really excited, I candled one tray of 7 eggs yesterday, all had shadows indicative of development!!! Whoop! One I couldn’t see into at all even with both candlers on it, it’s dark and has a heavy bloom.

The other 6 I could see enough to see development started for sure. I’ll check again before lockdown. Not too much else you can tell in the eggs. I can tell they started, and I’ll be able to tell if they didn’t finish, and that’s about it!

Only one air cell was even poor! It was saddled, though, and not moving so it should be fine.

Exciting!!

It's wetter and colder than normal here. we got down to 20 degrees this morning.

I moved teh Silverruds Blue / Isbar eggs to teh Nurture right 360 from the Hova-Bator as i am beginning to think it is way off as far as temps go. 4 differing thermometers and each with widely differing temps. Which could be because of zoning of temps, if so that means the fan is not working. But I am not taking any chances with that incubator until I get it figured out. t he last hatch I did in it ran 26 days and ending up shrink wrapping the chicks even though I did not open the incubator.

Hi! I have shipped eggs that'll hatch this thursday and friday. Won't be my best hatch rate by a long shot, 8 out of 20 faverolles still alive, 13ish of 40 sussex and 2 araucana.
The eggs were shipped in below-freezing temps so I'm glad any of them are alive!

I'll tame them and keep them until they're big enough to sex, and sell the pullets to the petting zoo I work at in time for opening. There they'll walk freely around getting treats and attention all summer. (And I'll keep one Faverolle roo for myself)

Back
Top Bottom