January 2020 Hatch along

One Faverolles externally pipped! It's a bit early, but they come when they come. lol

As I suspected, the humidity's been a bit high. The egg hasn't dipped properly, and I'm probably gonna have to help a few out because of excess moisture. Hopefully no one will drown.

One Faverolles externally pipped! It's a bit early, but they come when they come. lol

As I suspected, the humidity's been a bit high. The egg hasn't dipped properly, and I'm probably gonna have to help a few out because of excess moisture. Hopefully no one will drown.
Good luck!!!!! I want to try some faverolles so much, send pics!

UGH, I know this is not hatching related, but my chick orders for the year are in. Starting the first week of Feb I'll start getting chicks to either replace the general laying flock or bring possible new blood into my breeding programs for the year.

And then the mailman drops off new hatchery catalogs.

I finished my orders for the year I tell you.

Ohhh, that one looks nice.

Wonder if I can sneak a couple of those in too.....

UGH, I know this is not hatching related, but my chick orders for the year are in. Starting the first week of Feb I'll start getting chicks to either replace the general laying flock or bring possible new blood into my breeding programs for the year.

I think you can allllways “sneak in a couple...”

;-)

I’m wondering myself if I wanna sneak in a couple...

First faverolles chick is out! :celebrate Two more has externally pipped, and am expecting the rest throughout the day.
DSC_0034_mod.jpg

There was a power outage today. Of course! We've gotten so used to it now that we have a whole generator setup ready, and getting it hooked up went smoothly. First year we lived here, every power outage was pure panic. Lesson learned from that, always keep a generator at hand when using incubators. :old Haha!

Welp. I did it. Hatch date the 11th, so I ordered a rare pack from Meyer that hatches the 13th. :oops:

I have Ayam Ketawa in the incubator from Greenfire. Started with 12 eggs, 8 are developing. Day 21 is January 10. :fl:jumpy
Woohooo! Good luck! How do you get eggs from green fire?

First faverolles chick is out! :celebrate Two more has externally pipped, and am expecting the rest throughout the day.
View attachment 1992517

There was a power outage today. Of course! We've gotten so used to it now that we have a whole generator setup ready, and getting it hooked up went smoothly. First year we lived here, every power outage was pure panic. Lesson learned from that, always keep a generator at hand when using incubators. :old Haha!
So glad it went smoothly! Good luck on the rest of the hatch!

Welp. I did it. Hatch date the 11th, so I ordered a rare pack from Meyer that hatches the 13th. :oops:

Woohooo! Good luck! How do you get eggs from green fire?

So glad it went smoothly! Good luck on the rest of the hatch!
Greenfire Farms only sells their eggs on Ebay and only through the winter. :) I'm not on Facebook but I can still see some posts online and that's what they say on there. I got Bresse eggs from them and 11 out of 12 are alive and growing on day 13. I had mine shipped to Iowa and they are in Florida. Was hoping for 6 so I'm excited about 11, but I know not to count my chickens before they hatch! :D

Back
Top Bottom