January to February 2024 Duckling Hatch-Along!

Pics
@GreenJay Hey, I’m very, very sorry to say that Lucky Duck passed… I just opened up their egg, and they are crazy malpositioned.. honestly kind of looks both like head-between-thighs and foot-over-head. They got their bill squashed between their body and the shell and suffocated :hmm
Sweetheart was an all-yellow baby.

I was a little concerned, as their air cell was dipped way far back, but I saw them breathing + heard them earlier, so.. I didn’t intervene. Kind of wish I had. They made it so far :(

@GreenJay Hey, I’m very, very sorry to say that Lucky Duck passed… I just opened up their egg, and they are crazy malpositioned.. honestly kind of looks both like head-between-thighs and foot-over-head. They got their bill squashed between their body and the shell and suffocated :hmm
Sweetheart was an all-yellow baby.

I was a little concerned, as their air cell was dipped way far back, but I saw them breathing + heard them earlier, so.. I didn’t intervene. Kind of wish I had. They made it so far :(
😭 RIP Lucky Duck! 😭

Sorry he didn't make it, hopefully the rest will hatch soon and without any problems! :fl:pop

@2ndTink Your baby is malpositioned too, head-on-small-end of egg. I hadn’t even noticed they pipped over there!! I opened up their air cell before I’d noticed the pip, so I cling filmed and taped over it. They are alive, but still have veins and yolk to absorb. I’ll be watching them closely.

@Sally PB Lincoln, @Luv Ducks Tinker Bell, and @tlcmurphy Egg 31 all hatched early this morning. I’ll do a full update with pictures and drawings once Quacker Jack is out.

When you lose this thread.....lol

How are my babies? Captain Quack Sparrow and Michael Quackson!
Welcome back! I’ve wondered where you went 😂

Michael Quackson has been given the name Prickly Pear, and Quack Sparrow is Lemon Drop. They are doing fantastic.
IMG_2137.jpeg

Lemon is the yellow baby, Prickly is the darker baby.

Welcome back! I’ve wondered where you went 😂

Michael Quackson has been given the name Prickly Pear, and Quack Sparrow is Lemon Drop. They are doing fantastic.
View attachment 3746174
Lemon is the yellow baby, Prickly is the darker baby.
They are adorable! My baby is cuter than my husband's (at least that is what I will tell him. They are both adorable!)

@2ndTink Your baby is malpositioned too, head-on-small-end of egg. I hadn’t even noticed they pipped over there!! I opened up their air cell before I’d noticed the pip, so I cling filmed and taped over it. They are alive, but still have veins and yolk to absorb. I’ll be watching them closely.

@Sally PB Lincoln, @Luv Ducks Tinker Bell, and @tlcmurphy Egg 31 all hatched early this morning. I’ll do a full update with pictures and drawings once Quacker Jack is out.
Thanks so much for the update. Now if only my little duckling in Ohio makes it out I will have a real Happy Day. I pray the others all make it. What time do you want me to pick up Tinker Bell??? LOL

Awesome news! Sorry to hear about little Lucky Duck ☹️

Back
Top Bottom