Japanese Bantam Thread!

Pics
Hey There! Could any of y'all direct me to a breeder anywhere near NM? ...or a breeder's directory? I'm looking for pet quality not sq. Thanks!!

Quote:
If you are just looking for pet quality there is nothing wrong with ordering from Ideal. I have some from there and they are very cute. My three roosters are all different varieties and they each look the part. I really like how gentle mine are, respectful roosters and sweet hens. I think some of my roosters could even be shown successfully.

Quote:
I was just reading this looking for breeders because my daughter has been showing her Japanese in the fair, both open ABA and Junior shows, and her birds have been doing really well. She got them from Purely Poultry. We only got two that were show quality because the PO caused some deaths and the others weren't short legged. We didn't order many and ended up with 4 hens that didn't get shaken to death in transport. Her Black Tailed White won best of breed in the Junior show and reserve of breed in the open show. There were tons of japanese in the open show too. I would definately recommend them. Customer service is great too.

Does anyone know if there are any decent breeders in the Washington/Northern Oregon area? We need a good rooster.

big_smile.png
Well I am just about the happiest Japanese owner right now, my little hen named toad, finally got her first class championship yesterday under judge Pat Malone, (past A.P.A. President), and just kept on with the high praises for her-he said if he had her he would hatch everything he could get from her! He then made the statement, and I had not heard this, but that if a Jap hen has 7 feathers to one side of the tail and 8 to the other, this makes for 'tails that just don't stop', and its hard to find, so he went ahead, 'out of curiosity', counted, and the first side had 7, the second.....HAD 8!!!! The look on his face was priceless for me, it was that look that was taking a mental picture, it was just cool. I am so proud, and was nearly in tears as I am now, she has been a consistent Best of Breed and Best of Variety winner at every show, and is so sweet, and will pose in any dirrection I ask, SO PROUD OF MY TOAD!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom