Japanese Bantam Thread!

Pics
Only if you want to perpetuate the short legs. Then you have to be a little extra careful they don't get run over by other chicks, brooding the short legged ones separately, and keep their bottoms clean.

ANyone in NC looking to buy a trio of Jap Banties? I have a blacktailed white roo & 2 Grey pullets. All hatched this last spring. The girls are pet quality and the roo is breeder quality (I lost my BTW pullet during that huge 10" snow we got over Christmas
sad.png
)

Hi, I have a trio of Greys I recently got, my first Japs, so happy, they are turning out very nice, except the boy has white in his two top sickles, most likely won't be showing him, but still gonna' try breeding, my hens are going in the next show, I will get pics up soon-

Too bad my grey boy died in the last snow we had.... he was gorgeous! My girls' are not the best, their legs are the wrong color but the rest are nice. My white boy is perfect!

Quote:
Hello Celtic Hill,
In my understanding of colors, white is the presense of all colors and black is the absense of all colors. If you breed a white to another color, you can usually develop that other color in about three years. What are you trying to do?
Terry

Boy my barred Japanese are laying up a storm, with the BTW right behind, Barred fertility has been better than the BTW. Well, the barred look more like cuckoo to me, but it is what folks are calling barred. I have some in the Incubator now, and will wait until after this show/sleet storm has passed through to set more, just in case.

Can someone please post pictures of either black or black-mottled from Ideal Poultry? (adult pics preferred) My daughter wants to get a few for showing in 4-H, and I just wanted to be sure they're not awful quality or anything. The other breeds we've received from them were a nice quality, and we've lost too much money trying to hatch eggs the past 6 months since the post office is too rough on eggs. So buying chicks would be much easier for us if we could just get some from a hatchery.
Thanks so much!

Quote:
You guys should try Cackle, they really try to get good stock, i met a guy that was supplying their phoenix for a while, because the owner was really wanting better stock, plus they seem to have more of a variety of well varieties, I'm going to some phoenix bantams from them since I have seen some of the 'cousins', very nice champion birds-

Back
Top Bottom