Japanese Coturnix Quail Color Varieties!!!!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Stellar, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:Ooohhh....snowflake..... [​IMG]

Missi, I may find you sleeping in my barn one day [​IMG]

2. Missi

Missi Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2011
    Naples, FL
    Quote:Ooohhh....snowflake..... [​IMG]

Missi, I may find you sleeping in my barn one day [​IMG]

Ooo! May I?! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. rittert3

rittert3 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Ks (Manhattan area)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] OOO I need a barn to sleep in, can I have birds?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  4. plecostrum

plecostrum Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2010
    ENGLAND UK
    I'm in the uk I hatch silver

I was disgusted in the fact tht any reject colours I get rid of at day olds lol. He texted me to say he had a silver .? It was born yellow and grew in silver lolol Not happy.

Now I have to grow all on.

I had atexan white with a silver cap very odd. A friend grew that one from my eggs

5. afchicken

afchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    ohio
    getting my 1st quail tomarrow from mixed colors my faverites are the gold and tuxedos

6. Ma quay quay

Ma quay quay New Egg

Jan 14, 2012
    I think I've hatched myself 2 silver Japanese quails here in Australia. Does anyone know if the silver mutation is here yet? I've been hatching Japanese quails for about a year now and these are the first two I've seen or even heard of.... It's VERY exciting!

I recently added 7 new hens and 2 knew cock birds to my breeding flock (new birds all were Tibetin in colour) and I suspect the silvers are a result of them breeding with my other colours (I have all the other colours mixed in together) I only had 2 out of over 100 that turned up silver. Any help or info on the silvers would be great! I'll try and post some pics.

Cheers,
    Shannon

7. laseterlass

laseterlass Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Anchorage Alaska
    I thought that I had a brown male. But when all the chickletts hatched they are British Range/Tuxedo. Upon second look he may be a Roux. What would the colorations be if he were a brown is that the dominant gene?

8. LovePolish

LovePolish Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2012
    Missouri
    Thank you! Good info! :)

9. cmtigger

cmtigger Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Are there any threads that show what the chicks look like? I just had 15 hatch today, and the parents were all Texas A&M, Pharoah and Italian, but I know that there are no Texas A&M chicks- BUT there are three different variations- black chipmunk on a tan base, reddish brown chipmunk on a tan base, and blonde with thin black stripes.

Any ideas of what I've got here? I think the blonde with thin black stripes are the Italians, right?

10. Peacerose

Peacerose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2012
    Las Vegas, NV
    You are right about the yellow with thin black stripe is Italians. You will also have some Pharaohs. The white bird might have brought you some Tibetans or Tuxedos. Can you post some pictures?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by