Japanese Coturnix Quail Color Varieties!!!!

Pics
Quote:
Ooohhh....snowflake.....
love.gif

Missi, I may find you sleeping in my barn one day
lau.gif

I'm in the uk I hatch silver

I was disgusted in the fact tht any reject colours I get rid of at day olds lol. He texted me to say he had a silver .? It was born yellow and grew in silver lolol Not happy.

Now I have to grow all on.

I had atexan white with a silver cap very odd. A friend grew that one from my eggs

I think I've hatched myself 2 silver Japanese quails here in Australia. Does anyone know if the silver mutation is here yet? I've been hatching Japanese quails for about a year now and these are the first two I've seen or even heard of.... It's VERY exciting!

I recently added 7 new hens and 2 knew cock birds to my breeding flock (new birds all were Tibetin in colour) and I suspect the silvers are a result of them breeding with my other colours (I have all the other colours mixed in together) I only had 2 out of over 100 that turned up silver. Any help or info on the silvers would be great! I'll try and post some pics.

Cheers,
Shannon

I thought that I had a brown male. But when all the chickletts hatched they are British Range/Tuxedo. Upon second look he may be a Roux. What would the colorations be if he were a brown is that the dominant gene?

Are there any threads that show what the chicks look like? I just had 15 hatch today, and the parents were all Texas A&M, Pharoah and Italian, but I know that there are no Texas A&M chicks- BUT there are three different variations- black chipmunk on a tan base, reddish brown chipmunk on a tan base, and blonde with thin black stripes.

Any ideas of what I've got here? I think the blonde with thin black stripes are the Italians, right?

You are right about the yellow with thin black stripe is Italians. You will also have some Pharaohs. The white bird might have brought you some Tibetans or Tuxedos. Can you post some pictures?

Back
Top Bottom