Java Flock

rfisherj

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 20, 2007
Lee
I have a chance to purchase a Java Flock, the birds came from eggs from Garfield Farms in LaFox, IL hatched at the Field Museum in Chicago. Any comments are welcome.

Last edited:
How old are they? How many roos/hens? How much are they asking? I would be asking these kinds of questions but.....I'd probably be inclined to say "go for it". I'd love to have some Javas (planning to get some when possible). If you already have other chickens, you will also need to have a separate area for the new flock to be in quarantine for the first 30 days. And you'd also need to read up a little bit about integration once the quarantine period is over. If you don't already have chickens, you won't even have those kinds of concerns.

10 hens and one cockerl, I can pick from 4. I have a pen away for the other chickens I currently have.

Last edited:
This is a VERY rare breed
sad.png
I had looked into that breed, but I can't have a rooster so I wouldn't be helping the breed. GO FOR IT!!! Keep the breed going.
BTW, I'm talking about the BLACK Javas, not the mottled. As far as I know, there is only one breeder in the US. Is it Wisconsin? Some northern state. At least that's what I read.
hide.gif

Jen

Northern Illinois to the Southern area of Illinois. I have 10 pullets and two Cockerls. Pictures to follow.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom