Java Thread

Pics
I renamed one of my roos tonight. He is now called dinner. He was my #2 roo, but instead of his normal sweet self he attacked me when I picked him up. Not sure why, or what was going on, but he will be in he freezer in the morning. He almost made it there tonight, but I contained myself. It's my stupid fault for talking about how sweeet all my roos were today.
he.gif
Anyone else have a sweety turn all of a sudden? I do think something was going on as EVERYONE was on edge....but
he.gif

Quote:
I think a few of them are mottled. I'll let you know when they grow up a bit more.

Anything that has yellow on areas other than the belly should be mottled. ie chick on right in 1st pic and then on left in 2nd pic. Other chick is black.

These colors are so much fun. I'm so excited to be part of bringing Auburn and white javas back.

It's great that new people are starting to keep javas and increase the population. The biggest thing to remember is the need to carefully select breeding stock that conforms to the breed standard.

My 1st batch of black java's go on lockdown tommorow from LauraD.I candled them and they seem to be doing very good.I should have more pictures next week.My molted java's are doing very good and growing.I have some white java eggs on the way also from LauraD .Laura and Patty have both been incredibly nice to work with and I would recommend them to anyone wanting some java's.
big_smile.png

My Java chicks are sprouting wing feathers already and they just hatched five days ago. I bought some Cochins, Sustralorps, and Welummers and NONE of them are as developed as the Javas. They are much more curious and active, too; although when they decide it's nap time, they're all down for the count.

We'll need to cover the box very soon. I think they'll be able to escape sooner than I had expected.

Have you notice your chicks to be early bloomers?

All of my Java chicks seem to sprout wings within days of hatching. I have some now that are a week old that have almost all their wing feathers. My Dels are at the same rate. The only chicks that have progressed faster were the hatchery Dominiques that I had. At a few days old they had enough wing feathers to fly onto the mason jar waterer amd glide back down. Yowser.

All of my Java chicks seem to sprout wings within days of hatching. I have some now that are a week old that have almost all their wing feathers. My Dels are at the same rate. The only chicks that have progressed faster were the hatchery Dominiques that I had. At a few days old they had enough wing feathers to fly onto the mason jar waterer amd glide back down. Yowser.

Back
Top Bottom