1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Java Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by usschicago1, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Engteacher

Engteacher Poultry, Poetry, and Prose

Sep 1, 2009
    Hastings, MN
    They're so cute! Here's what you have to look forward to. These Javas are 4 weeks old. They grow up so fast, but are so curious about their surroundings. I'm really enjoying them, as I'm sure you will, too! As you can see, any yellow is quickly being replaced with black.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Are those mottled javas in your pics?

~ bigzio

3. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    [​IMG] Looks Good!

4. Engteacher

Engteacher Poultry, Poetry, and Prose

Sep 1, 2009
    Hastings, MN
    Quote:I think they'll end up black. The new feathers coming through are all black. There's still a touch of light coloring in the wing tips, so we'll wait and see. The breeder I got them from has both mottled and black. Could end up being a mix of both.

5. heritagebirds

heritagebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    I got someone in PA, close to Lancaster looking for Black Javas, anybody close?

6. hipeatall

hipeatall Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
  7. grayhenfarm

grayhenfarm Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2010
    Red Bluff
    I just love Javas. Here is a pic of "Koura" . I only ended up with two pullets, but I sure do like her. Out of 10 there were 4 pullets and 6 roos. I am keeping the smallest pullet ( not for breeding)just cause she is so darn cute and some how always comes out on top. The next one up got sold with one of the extra roos. The remaining 2 girls will make up my trio along with which boy. It is down to three . # 1 . He is huge, doesn't start a fight, but finishes it, is sweet as pie to me and the girls, big body, big bone, black legs w/ yellow soles. I have seen a few white tips on his feathers. But as they say " you can't eat color". # 2 Is also big, but something about his head is not quite as attractive. His coloring is really black, but I see a little bit of purple. I have to look again to see if there is any white. His eyes are a little lighter. I also have seen him be a little bit of a bully. He is well mannered to me, but he is more of a fighter than bird # 1. Maybe you guys could help me, I will get some picture posted of the boys.

[​IMG]

8. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Thanks for sharing a pic of Koura...looking good. Kinda makes you feel like she is in the picture show, eh! Nothing like good looking Javas...congrats. She's lookin sassy already.

I'm glad you are lovin javas too!

~ bigzio

9. heritagebirds

heritagebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    My new Mottled Javas OOPS, forgot about my single Black Java roo in there :
    [​IMG]

My second batch of Auburn Javas
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  10. grayhenfarm

grayhenfarm Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2010
    Red Bluff
    They are so cute. It was just yesterday when mine were babies. With the molted can you sex them by color pattern?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by