Java Thread

Pics
Now here are a few more cute pics of our 4/2 hatch. Guess the colors!
lol.png

4-2-10%20Hatch%20DSCF4143%20small.jpg

a box full of javas, 13 total

4-2-10%20Hatch%20White%20Javas%20DSCF4146%20%20small.jpg

2 of 13 are White Javas. One of these must carry one copy of Auburn gene

4-2-10%20Hatch%20DSCF4148%20small.jpg

One lone Black Java

4-2-10%20Hatch%20DSCF4150%20small.jpg

And three I am fairly confident have two copies of the auburn gene.

The other 7 chicks seem to be blacks with one copy of auburn gene. (see chick front left in egg carton).
There are a few that are lighter than I would expect, and may carry 2 auburn genes.

I am beyond excited with my hatch results and cannot wait to see how these feather out.
This flock traces back to Garfield Farms.

Last edited:
Congrats on all the nice peeps, and thanks for sharing your pics. It's nice to see what everyone is raising. Enjoy the new ones....
wee.gif

Pretty much fun, eh!

~ bigzio

Quote:
Are they both supposed to be black chicks? The one on the right does not.

I think a few of them are mottled. I'll let you know when they grow up a bit more.

Quote:

I think a few of them are mottled. I'll let you know when they grow up a bit more.

Anything that has yellow on areas other than the belly should be mottled. ie chick on right in 1st pic and then on left in 2nd pic. Other chick is black.

These colors are so much fun. I'm so excited to be part of bringing Auburn and white javas back.

Quote:

Anything that has yellow on areas other than the belly should be mottled. ie chick on right in 1st pic and then on left in 2nd pic. Other chick is black.

These colors are so much fun. I'm so excited to be part of bringing Auburn and white javas back.

Quote:

Good luck with the chicks.

I am curious to see how yours look when they are older. We ended up culling all our birds from Urch last year.

Back
Top Bottom