Java Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by usschicago1, Feb 3, 2010.

1. heritagebirds

heritagebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    Quote:They are beauties!

2. Faverolle

Faverolle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Are they both supposed to be black chicks? The one on the right does not.

3. zephyrcreek

zephyrcreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    Yale, Michigan
    Now here are a few more cute pics of our 4/2 hatch. Guess the colors! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

a box full of javas, 13 total

[​IMG]

2 of 13 are White Javas. One of these must carry one copy of Auburn gene

[​IMG]

One lone Black Java

[​IMG]

And three I am fairly confident have two copies of the auburn gene.

The other 7 chicks seem to be blacks with one copy of auburn gene. (see chick front left in egg carton).
    There are a few that are lighter than I would expect, and may carry 2 auburn genes.

I am beyond excited with my hatch results and cannot wait to see how these feather out.
    This flock traces back to Garfield Farms.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  4. heritagebirds

heritagebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    So cute, Ellen!

5. brn325

brn325 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2008
    zephycreek those are really good looking chicks

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  6. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Congrats on all the nice peeps, and thanks for sharing your pics. It's nice to see what everyone is raising. Enjoy the new ones.... [​IMG]

Pretty much fun, eh!

~ bigzio

7. Engteacher

Engteacher Poultry, Poetry, and Prose

Sep 1, 2009
    Hastings, MN

I think a few of them are mottled. I'll let you know when they grow up a bit more.

8. zephyrcreek

Feb 18, 2009
    Yale, Michigan

I think a few of them are mottled. I'll let you know when they grow up a bit more.

Anything that has yellow on areas other than the belly should be mottled. ie chick on right in 1st pic and then on left in 2nd pic. Other chick is black.

These colors are so much fun. I'm so excited to be part of bringing Auburn and white javas back.

9. zephyrcreek

Feb 18, 2009
    Yale, Michigan

Anything that has yellow on areas other than the belly should be mottled. ie chick on right in 1st pic and then on left in 2nd pic. Other chick is black.

These colors are so much fun. I'm so excited to be part of bringing Auburn and white javas back.

10. Faverolle

Faverolle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Massachusetts

Good luck with the chicks.

I am curious to see how yours look when they are older. We ended up culling all our birds from Urch last year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by