Java Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by usschicago1, Feb 3, 2010.

1. heritagebirds

heritagebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    Quote:Did you look yet? Good luck!

2. Laurieks

Laurieks Where did the time go???

Aug 14, 2009
    Sonoma County, CA
    Quote:[​IMG] ONLY 21 lol I didn't catch that the first time.

I promised more pics of my mottled babies....Mottled javas, splash & BC Marans, and 1 MF Cochin....all from OnTheSpot [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  3. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

I've got mottled java's that are 2 months old then another batch that is 1 month old. I'm trying to decide on whether or not to get black java's next, or white java's, can't decide.

4. zephyrcreek

zephyrcreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    Yale, Michigan
    I have 2 half Java chicks in the brooder from my first test hatch last week. They are completely black with yellow wing tips and have red fuzz around their eyes. The hens were red Dixie Rainbows. The second test hatch is starting today so we may have a few more half java chicks arriving soon.

I did candle the Black Java Eggs last night. I have 3 clears and obvious movements in all the rest!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm more than a little excited! [​IMG]

5. heritagebirds

heritagebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    Quote:That is so awesome!!! I hope to have such good news in a few days. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. JamesA

JamesA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Cedartown Georgia
    I've got molted java's a few days from hatching from onthespot and black java's on their way from Lora D.I'm excited about these new future editions to my flock. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  7. JamesA

Jun 1, 2008
    Cedartown Georgia
    Quote:Is that my baby daddy? LOL
    He looks nice.I'm so new to java's I really dont have the standards down yet but he sure is pretty! I think if I looked correctly they are due on the 26th. [​IMG]

8. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    yep, anybody that got javas from me, that's the baby daddy! [​IMG] I had two cockerels and the older one was showing a little bit of mahogany streaks in his hackles so he went won ton...

9. zephyrcreek

zephyrcreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    Yale, Michigan
    I candled eggs again last night. Everything is going as it should!!

10. JamesA

Jun 1, 2008
    Cedartown Georgia
    I have a bunch of molted java's from onthespot hatched in the incubator.I also have some black javas from LauraD incubating so my flock is materializing... [​IMG]

Final count on the molted java's was 14 chicks. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by