Java Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by usschicago1, Feb 3, 2010.

1. zephyrcreek

zephyrcreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    Yale, Michigan
    My eggs are coming from Lora D from the yahoo Java group. Her birds trace back to Garfield Farms. I've asked her to check out BYC, so hopefully she will post here sometime. I've been very happy with my stock from her. I guess that's obvious since I have another 2 dozen eggs on the way! They were extremely hearty from the moment they hatched. The one white chick in particular was full of himself. There was no doubt in my mind from day one that he was a he. [​IMG] I'm hoping to have a few more just like him in the new hatch.

Here is a pic of one of my Black Javas chicks that carries the Auburn gene. This is an exciting project that I cannot wait to get started.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
    Aji Dulce likes this.
  2. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    What a little cutie. [​IMG]

3. Laurieks

Laurieks Where did the time go???

Aug 14, 2009
    Sonoma County, CA
    yeah, and a great shot too!
    I tried to get pics of mine today and they turned away for each of about 20 shots :\\
    Pics tomorrow for sure!

Has anyone had Javas hatch at 20 days?

Of 4 breeds and 16 eggs, the 5 Javas were all out and fluffy on day 20. The Orps, Marans, and SF Cochin were on 21 & 22.

4. zephyrcreek

Feb 18, 2009
    Yale, Michigan
    A friend hatched my eggs for me last year. If I remember correctly all three hatches started at 19 1/2 - 20 days. All other eggs in the bator were at 21 days. I think the good lines are super hardy and ready to meet the workld a little sooner. I do have a few eggs in my bator now, and I'll be setting 2 dz Java eggs tomorrrow (if they arrive today [​IMG] ). I'm sure I will not be able to keep my excitement back as these little guys hatch. I'm more than just a litttle passionate about my birds. [​IMG]

5. LuvinMyPeeps

LuvinMyPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2008
    Powhatan, VA 23139
    Yes, me too. I've had 2 hatches sofar from different breeders and both were out on day 20! I really like my mottled java hens, they're some of my favorite girls. Very friendly. The roos are friendly too, but sofar (getting to the puberty stage now) they are getting more assertive. We'll see how it goes. Sofar I really like them.

6. zephyrcreek

Feb 18, 2009
    Yale, Michigan
    [​IMG]

I added Black Java eggs to the bator today....only 21 more days to go.

7. encorepistol

encorepistol Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    MO
    My buddy just hatched 18 mottled Javas today. No pics yet but if I get some I'll post them!

8. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Quote:[​IMG]

9. zephyrcreek

Feb 18, 2009
    Yale, Michigan
    I've got a couple of more days before I can candle my Java eggs.

I'm kinda nervous as they were not handled well in shipping.

UGH! [​IMG]

And they were packed very very well!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. heritagebirds

heritagebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    1 dozen Auburn eggs going in the 'bator today! [​IMG] Twenty - 21 days to wait [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by