Java Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by usschicago1, Feb 3, 2010.

1. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    I am so excited [​IMG] I am getting some java eggs. [​IMG] Here is the flock. He is going to separate them and we are making a trade. I can't wait. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is a picture of his flock of chickens. Not sure what is what here.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  2. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    I too would like King's contact info if that isn't too much trouble. His birds look really nice.

3. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Wow Pretty! Nice Quality Birds..Looks like the ones from Backyard Poultry issue. Does anyone know who ones those?

4. zephyrcreek

zephyrcreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    Yale, Michigan
    Nope, I'm not sure. I have 11 Java's here in Michigan. We have 3 eggs in the bator as a test hatch, and hope to have more in soon.

5. zephyrcreek

Feb 18, 2009
    Yale, Michigan
    I candled the eggs today ( a little early), but all three Java eggs seemed to be developing well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

6. heritagebirds

heritagebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    It had slipped my mind to share this, though Tacey found it. [​IMG] Sorry... Here is the Java Group on Yahoo: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Java_Chickens/ I actually got my eggs for my Black Javas through this group. Nice bunch of people.

7. zephyrcreek

Feb 18, 2009
    Yale, Michigan
    Nice group, I've been on it for about a year. The activity level comes and goes. I sure wish we had a breed club with an active website.

8. heritagebirds

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    Quote:I just realized that you were on there! I hadn't put it together. I would be willing to help with some things, but I am working full time and going to school half-time with kids and a mini-farm. I do need a good project, though.

I'm trying to get some information from someone who set up a club for another breed not long ago. I found some info, let me see what I can find out, there was a club and I'm trying to contact them.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  9. heritagebirds

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    In the event that the old club is truly dead and gone, who all is interested in forming a new one?

10. zephyrcreek

Feb 18, 2009
    Yale, Michigan
    I would love to be part of a new JAva Club. If there is anything I can help with please let me know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by