Java Thread

Pics
My eggs are coming from Lora D from the yahoo Java group. Her birds trace back to Garfield Farms. I've asked her to check out BYC, so hopefully she will post here sometime. I've been very happy with my stock from her. I guess that's obvious since I have another 2 dozen eggs on the way! They were extremely hearty from the moment they hatched. The one white chick in particular was full of himself. There was no doubt in my mind from day one that he was a he.
wink.png
I'm hoping to have a few more just like him in the new hatch.

Here is a pic of one of my Black Javas chicks that carries the Auburn gene. This is an exciting project that I cannot wait to get started.

23216_dscf6019_ws.jpg

Last edited:
yeah, and a great shot too!
I tried to get pics of mine today and they turned away for each of about 20 shots :\\
Pics tomorrow for sure!

Has anyone had Javas hatch at 20 days?

Of 4 breeds and 16 eggs, the 5 Javas were all out and fluffy on day 20. The Orps, Marans, and SF Cochin were on 21 & 22.

A friend hatched my eggs for me last year. If I remember correctly all three hatches started at 19 1/2 - 20 days. All other eggs in the bator were at 21 days. I think the good lines are super hardy and ready to meet the workld a little sooner. I do have a few eggs in my bator now, and I'll be setting 2 dz Java eggs tomorrrow (if they arrive today
fl.gif
). I'm sure I will not be able to keep my excitement back as these little guys hatch. I'm more than just a litttle passionate about my birds.
love.gif

Yes, me too. I've had 2 hatches sofar from different breeders and both were out on day 20! I really like my mottled java hens, they're some of my favorite girls. Very friendly. The roos are friendly too, but sofar (getting to the puberty stage now) they are getting more assertive. We'll see how it goes. Sofar I really like them.

I've got a couple of more days before I can candle my Java eggs.

I'm kinda nervous as they were not handled well in shipping.

UGH!
he.gif

And they were packed very very well!

he.gif
he.gif
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom