Java Thread

So I spent the last few days poking around different sites. Where can you get black javas? Any leads on where they can be ordered? I have found lots of mottled but I prefer black.
are you looking for eggs or chicks?? what state are you in ?? as I may be able to help you!!

Most everyone that I know of are done for the year.

Where are you located and are you wanting local vs shipped eggs/chicks and are you looking for "hatchery" stock versus private breeder?
I am on the NC coast. I have not found any local stock so I am sure I will have to have them shipped. I would like to build up a small flock to breed and help support the breed. I prefer live birds but depending on distance/ availability I can do eggs. I am okay with having to pre-order if need be. It seems like every site I look at has not been updated in a few years or the breeders are very far away and prefer to place local birds. I would appreciate any help. I don't know why this breed struck such a cord with me I am just in love with the Black Javas!

Anyone need some Java chicks in the Northern Illinois area? I have about 15 black and 2 white Java chicks from the breeding flock at Garfield farm. I don't need them all, and would rather see them go to someone who is interested in preserving the breed. They are about a month old.

I have only read the last few pages of posts here, but intend to go back and work my way through. I wanted to introduce myself. I am new to chickens and javas, but after a great deal of research and being lucky enough to live near and get to know haTHOR, I have her juvenile black java flock that hatched this spring. I have 7, pretty sure 5 hens and 2 roosters. After conferring with ChickenCoach and haTHOR, I hope to locate 5 more hens as soon as I add a second pen so they will all have enough space.

I look forward to learning more and getting to know everyone here.

S~

celebrate.gif
WELCOME TO JAVA CHAT Salzw59 and congrats on your birds.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom