Javas VS Spaldings, Some questions for you guys

For sure
tongue.png

Yup, 120 of them are adult Peafowl, All well taken care of and in beautiful pens, very nice operation.

Last edited:
Pure Javas
Pure Java .... what does it mean ?
Pure Java = pure green peacock .... or pure Pavo Muticus muticus ???
What about a pure green peacock who's an artificial mixt of different pure pavo Muticus ?
Like the peacock Edua ( hybrid between the spicifer and annamensis ) :

I'll post the story about why I am meeting one of them sometime tonight, they are helping me with a Rescue type situation, the birds aren't in danger but we are dealing with over 200 Birds I'll start a new thread about that in a bit. I'll post pic's some time this weekend, I was told they were pure and they did come from a big name breeder, but to tell you the truth I forgot which breeder the guy had told me. I think they are Spaldings myself.
Wow good luck! The interesting thing about Rocking B A B Ranch's website is they sell American Greens and then all three subspecies that were imported. I want to visit Rocking BAB so badly to see in person the difference between American greens and the nice imported ones. I tried to visit a few months ago but they were busy and then I got busy and so I could never find the right time. XD Now I don't know when to go because I want to see the peacocks with at least half of a train. Maybe I should just watch my boys and when mine get about half a train I should go visit...

I took some pic's I was to busy loading birds to take to many. I'll start a thread soon I promise I Have get Pic's uploaded.

I will never catergorize myself as an expert on any thing. But that being said I have soaked up as much info on greens as I could. Minxfox has dang sure did her home work as well. BTW Minx a good time to go to B&B is their fall festival. Im going to try and go this year. It is alot fun. Dany12 made the most excellant point I believe there is. Joe there is so much catergorizing and nomanclature on greens you will end up pull your hair out . There is NO test to determine subspecies intermixing on top of all of it. So visual references ONLY for that dillema sorry to say. Kermit (Resolution) can help you on some of the more of the technical and ALL the scientific aspects of the "dragon birds". But he too would pretty much tell you the same everyone here could and has said. Reinhold raises and seperates the sub-species over the big pond and like Minxfox said, look at his website for great info and seeing the comparison on the subs. He cares the most I feel on keeping them pure over Europe way. The situation is what it is. Do the research and make up your own mind.
wink.png
You will see all the complications when you delve into it heavy is all I can add to whats been already said here. I will say though you can make birds tame by spending alot of time around them. Most of the people I know that have them do exactly the opposite. The logic guess being is keeping the wildness intact in them. Ever see crazy or real skittish birds at a Zoo?.......no. Thats my point. They get used to people.I hope you get pures if thats what you desire, but more importantly I hope you ENJOY them.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom