Jax almost died!! Freak accident!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gritsar, Sep 29, 2009.

1. journey11

journey11 Songster

Feb 14, 2009
    WV
    Wow, I've never had anything like that happen with my dogs. He must be a very active boy. Glad you got there in time!

2. annanicole18

annanicole18 Songster

Mar 16, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    I agree with the collars in crates they are very very dangerous. I'm so glad that i have always hated to see collar imprints in a dogs fur so mine never wear them unless they are going somewhere

3. SO glad you found him when you did! Poor Jax!

Only one of my animals wears a collar in the house, my Chihuahua, who sometimes will try and slip out the door when my toddler opens it... But he's wearing a break away cat collar.

I don't collar anything else that is home for this exact reason.

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits...

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    OOH NO! Poor Jax! [​IMG] So glad you found him and thought quickly! [​IMG]

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Grits, I'm so glad you caught him in time!

6. duck walk

duck walk Songster

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    oh man...glad he is okay...no collars here unless we are going out on lead or in the car with me...I know of several fatal hanging incidents with dogs in collars...when I was younger and rode horses, I would ride the back woods around here...hunters in the past were allowed to hunt with packs of dogs...I found several dogs dead by hanging out in the woods...it was gruesome to come upon a decomposing dog hanging from a fence post or something...

[​IMG]

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Just to be clear, Jax wasn't in his crate at the time. Had he been, he wouldn't have been wearing his collar.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: