Jersey Giant and Brahma breeders in PA, MD, or DE?

I knew when I started chickening that my favorite Jersey Giants are hard to find, but it seems finding a breeder is like looking for hens' teeth! My beloved roo was an absolute miracle, bought him second hand (HE bought from a breeder) from a guy selling hatching eggs, and the backyard breeder from whom I bought my blue JG hen was not very good, and won't answer my messages. SO gotta find another source to tweak the Chicken Math in the right direction. Wouldn't say no to decent Brahma either, especially looking for a 1-2 year old roo to share the flock with Hero (the Jersey).

My birds and I live in Lincoln University, PA (19352), about 1.5 hours West of Philadelphia. Can anybody help me?

BTW, I know I can order whatever I want from hatcheries. Not stupid, ok? I prefer breeder stock, but may knuckle under and buy hatchery birds from the local feed store if I get desperate enough. I really would like to find good breeders. I tried contacting the Jersey Giant Club, but they would not answer my emails (unlike the Marans Chicken Club, which answered right away and put me in touch with their district leader, who lives 15 minutes away and gave me wonderful birds!). Haven't reached out to Brahma club yet.
Tom Buss in PA may have some good JGs too, worth a check. Also, go to the Sussex Co. show in NJ, it is not that far and cheap entertainment looking at all the beautiful poultry! they usually have several JGs. bb

Back
Top Bottom