Jersey Giant Vs Buffs... crowing

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by thesteven, Mar 11, 2011.

1. thesteven

thesteven Chirping

Apr 25, 2009
    usally people want the quitest rooster, but i want the loudest one, our neigbors blocks away could use to hear my domneqie(sp?) before i got rid of him and know they tell me they miss the crow. and since i am getting one of the two any way, what in your opnion is the loudest.

2. DrinkTheRainbow

DrinkTheRainbow Songster

Jan 1, 2011
    Altoona, Wisconsin
    It's not one of the two up there but we have a SUPER loud Red Star Rooster. He is super duper loud!

3. thesteven

thesteven Chirping

Apr 25, 2009
    alright, i am going to a chicken show tomor. and hopefully one will crow for me if there is one

4. thesteven

thesteven Chirping

Apr 25, 2009
    bunp

5. Fleabuskitty

Fleabuskitty Songster

Feb 23, 2011
    My neighbor has a Dominique rooster and I can hear him crow every day from two blocks away, though he's not that loud. I would think how loud it would crow would depend more on the specific bird rather than the breed, but I've never owned a rooster so I wouldn't know [​IMG]

6. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    The larger the bird, the louder and lower in pitch. THe smaller he bird, the higher the pitch. Maybe get a longcrower for your neighbor to enjoy?

7. thesteven

thesteven Chirping

Apr 25, 2009
    alright, my friend called me and told me about a free rooster add on Cl, picked him up and the owner said she thinks the mom was a Rhode island red and the dad a buff oringon, it is an orange-brown color. crow great my neigbors have already called, lol though i will get one of the two breed mention in the title later, thank you to all

8. ChicwannaB

ChicwannaB Songster

May 22, 2011
    Munger, MICHIGAN
    I had a Buff Chantecler, he was LOUD...have a Dominique now and by comparison, he whispers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: