Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Pics
Hi all!

I am thrilled to bits to find this thread (spent the past hour reading EVERY post)!!

I have been exhibiting my Jersey Giants in shows here in Canada for the past 5 years with great success. I do not have a large flock at the moment, as several times I grew out birds only to not like their type or size or whatever and would sell them. lol

I also have had difficulty locating quality nice sized cock birds for my brilliant hen. My hen made me fall in love with this breed with her EXCELLENT friendly friendly (talkative) personality and Stunning good looks.

I have been showing this hen who is now 9 yrs old btw (still lays an egg every other day off season and daily during Spring/Summer)She is rarely out of the top ribbons winning Best Standard Hen at almost every show she attends. She even won Best Bird in Show in 2008.

Here's my hen:
(With her Best Standard (Large Fowl) & Best Bird in Show Trophies)

34866_dscf0039.jpg

Another of her winning Best Old Hen in Show

34866_dscf0025-1.jpg

More pics of her on my website: http://www.islandexoticsfarm.weebly.com .

She must be one of the oldest birds shown here locally. lol Though she does not look her age, except the fact that her body is nicely matured.

Last year I was pleased to hatch out a bunch of sons and two daughters. Can't wait until they mature!

I am working on bringing in more stock to use on my hen and her daughters. In this country I have not had much luck finding the quality I amlooking for. Though I am connecting with a few others (in Canada) who more recently got into the breed who have some Sandhill birds so we'll see what becomes of this connection....

Btw, I have been enjoying viewing all the pics in this thread. There's some nice Jerseys in your flocks! The cock birds seem more consistant in type so far by what I've seen to this point.

Tracy

Thanks for the welcome!

Hey I would LOVE to.I don't knowif abreeder on your side of the border (Washington State or Oregon) would be willing to have their flock NPIP certified and a health certificate issued (I would pay for the health certificate) in order for me to purchase their eggs?!

Who on here would be game??

I have quite a few JGiants, but they aren't laying yet. To be NPIP, they have to be 4 months old, and I am waiting for more of my (200+) to reach that age. THEN, I will be NPIP certified.

Thanks for sharing your pictures! She is a lovely girl!

so really in all the ppl on BYC there is no one selling white JG ??? really i mean wow... ive been looking all over for some... i guess ill have to order from sand hill or urch/turnland... i would not even mind if they where hatchery stock birds as long as they could give me the weights of the roo's...

I had some one ask me," can a Black JG breed regular hens with out crushing or hurting them?" I Responded, "Yes." But now I'm begining to wonder. I don't have a mixed flock so I want to pose the same question to you all. I would hate to be the cause of their chickens discomfort. I did inform them to just keep an eye on the pair and see how its going. Who knows you may end up with a bigger breed in the end. lol

Thanks for the help and God Bless!

Back
Top Bottom