Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

My new Giant chicks, blue, black and splash!!

73072_jg610blue.jpg
73072_jg610black.jpg
73072_jg610splash.jpg

Hello jersey giant people,

Can you tell if my jersey is a roo or pullet? We are very new to chickens and can't have a rooster where we live. My son would be heart broken if it is a boy! Pollo is about 9 weeks old.

94013_004.jpg

And the horrible thing is that it's usually the roosters that are the friendliest and most pet-worthy. I have one GIGANTIC blue guy who comes and hangs out next to me whenever I'm in the pen. Never did anything special with him, either. He's just naturally very sweet. He sits down next to me when I'm seated and will examine whatever I'm doing with obvious curiosity. He's from Bobbi Porto's batch...an absolute babydoll.
smile.png

Quote:
We picked four chicks up at the feed store near where we live. We just want to raise them as pets and for the eggs. They assured us 98% accuracy they were all pullets. We can not have a rooster where we live, very close neighbors. Of course our son picked out the jersey, and it has been our favorite chicken. Just very sweet, and a fun personality. I guess we will wait until a crow to be sure, I am so upset about this.

My Black JG hen has gone broody. I kick her out of the nest a few times a day and she just goes right back in after. So, I stuck a few eggs under her and let her at it. Probably gonna be a JG/BR cross, if any actually hatch. Maybe a JG/Delaware. We'll see in about 3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom