Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Hello there...
frow.gif
New to the thread and to Jersey Giants. I hatched some eggs for a friend who wanted some JGs. I seem to be be falling for these birds. I am still reading this thread. Still have almost one hundred pages to go. I have three pullets and one cockerel. I plan on hatching some better stock as soon as I can.

So I was reading about the yellow on the bottom of the feet only. The birds I have now seem to have yellow coming up the legs. They are about two months old. Can you tell at this age? Here is a pic of my biggest blue pullet. Too much yellow?

48594_046.jpg

I really enjoy their little personalities so far. They are very friendly and seem to be quite gentle. I can hardly wait to get some better stock to compare with.
smile.png

Quote:
Nope - not too yellow! I'd love to see a pic of this gal in profile! YEAH! Another member smitten by JGs!
thumbsup.gif
(and on a personal note - glad to see you here!!)

Hello Wynette! I really do not have a good profile shot of her yet. here is one, but she is in an odd stance. She is much larger than her sisters and even her brother!

48594_044.jpg

I will get some better pics before too long.

Hi everyone,

I posted a picture of our Jersey Giant a while back asking if we had a rooster. Still have the chicken, still absolutely adore this chicken but at 11 weeks we are still asking if it is a pullet or rooster? We even took it to a local lady who raises chickens and she was unsure. I hate to ask again but everyone is so knowledgeable on this site. Many thanks for any help...again
smile.png

94013_001.jpg

Quote:
That is fine. It is great that you understand and have the common sence to work it out with out name slamming.
Yes it is very hard when you get nasty replys to birds you like and are proud of.
There is some out there that don't understand not everyone wants or can have the best of the best.
Like we said before he is a really nice person and will be willing to help you out.
It most likely is just a simple miss understanding.
Rather you have jg's from sq, breeder q , pets, hatchery you will be happy with them. The breed speaks for it's self .
Any jg fan is welcome here no matter if it is a cross to show quality birds. We are here for the simple reason of liking the breed and wanting to learn from each other. This is one of te cleanest threads were everyone can talk about their birds and no slamming is done no matter if the birds are no to that persons taste.
That is why we are quick to say take it straight to the source and leave us out of it.
You did nothing wrong and again welcome to the jg thread.
hugs.gif

Quote:
No worries on my end on your birds. I don't think she mention your name to flog you , she just got nasty replies to her first post. That along gets anyone where it counts.

Now to better line of thought.
I got 4 outstanding ( as far as 3-4 ) week old chicks are able to be read for sop.
They are blk and blue and have very nice flat backs. I will take pictures soon as the last hatch is over and I will be able to take those pictures of all the young chicks.
There is one blue I just know is a rooster just the way it holds it's self .
I cant wait to see him grow more. He looks like a keeper already.
big_smile.png

I also wanted to say thanks again for being so kind when I got the eggs from you.
I might get some more eggs next year too.

Back
Top Bottom