Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Well I went and did it! I sent my membership fee for the NJG club .
My very first breed club. I look forward to all the info. I will get from them.
I can't wait for the first news letter.
Wynette I'm going to be at crossroads are you still plaining on going?
Who else is going from the thread?
I would like to meet my fellow JG friends.

Quote:
I'm still not sure.....I want to, but I may have a family even that is a "must."

Glad you got your membership going! They sent me 2 or 3 of the recent newsletters when I joined. Took them to bed with me for reading....was up til at least 2 a.m. as I couldn't put them down!

frow.gif
We are a new NJG member ourselves.I really enjoyed all the info in the first pack. It was very very helpful.
We will also be going to the crossroads. And like you can;t wait to meet fellow JG friends.
smile.png

Quote:

OK please don't hurt me if this has been asked a zillion times before, i don't have the willpower to read through 200+ pages of posts!
hide.gif

if you cross-breed a JG roo to a regular sized hen (orpington, cochin, rock, production, etc) - will the resulting offspring normally inherit part of the JG size resulting in a larger-than-average mutt?

Quote:
I'm sure it depends which genes are passed down - I've personally only done this a few times, using an Isa Brown (production breed hen) with a Jersey cock bird, and YES - at least in my experience, then hens are always much larger than their moms. I haven't kept any cockerels, though I have a gorgeous young boy growing out now - he's blue, with a bit of red in his breast. SO danged pretty...I'm hoping to find a home for him when he's older and more handsome - I don't think I can eat him!

I THINK I have a pic of mom/dad/pullet offspring all together, let me go see...

Well, darnit! I DID have a pic of the three, but I guess I cropped out ma & pa. Here's daughter, though - of course, it's hard to tell, but she's at least 1/3 larger than her momma:

IsaXJersey-24weeks-side.jpg

I think you should cross these Wynette -
big_smile.png
-
Tomaru Longcrowers x JG
If the roo got the looks and deepness of the JG with the long crow ....
wink.png

That would be one cool rooster!

Back
Top Bottom