Jet's Fight: Chapter 8

Quote:
It's based off of that and Homeward Bound. I love Milo and Otis to death
love.gif

Here's chap 7.

Chapter 7
Gingernut woke up. The moon was high in the sky, and the deer wasn't there with them anymore.
"Fenix, Sunny, wake up," Gingernut whispered.
"Ginger, what are you doing waking us up in the middle of the night? You know how cranky I get when I don't sleep," Fenix warned.
"I know, but I think someone needs help," Gingernut explained. It sounded like the cry of a kitten. The kitten was stuck inside a pool of water and was too scared to get himself out.
"Calm down," Fenix demanded. "We can't help you if you do freak out."
"I can't swim," the kitten shouted.
"Be quiet," Fenix demanded. "It's midnight. If you want a bunch of predators on your tail, keep yelling."
"Fenix!" Gingernut scolded. "Don't talk to him like that! You probably would be doing the same thing if you were drowning."
"Take this, kitten," Sunny said, sticking a log into the pond.
"Thanks," the kitten said, after climbing out.
"Well, guess we'll be on our way," Gingernut said.
"Can I come with you," the kitten asked.
"No," Fenix said. "You have a family."
"No I don't," the kitten replied. "They all fell in here and didn't resurface!" The chicks gasped.
"Then, that means-" Sunny began.
"You can stay with us for as long as you want," Gingernut offered.
"Yay," the kitten replied. It was a grey calico tabby.
Regardless of it being in the middle of the night, the chicks decided to continue. Yes, they had a higher chance of predators finding them, but they were wide awake now anyway.

They were now hiking in the mountains in their quest to find Jazzy, with a big, fat kitten trailing behind. They got to see the sun rise twice, before they were on the mountain and while they were on the mountain.
"What's your name," Gingernut asked the kitten.
"I don't have a name," the kitten replied.
"Sure you do," Gingernut replied.
"What's a name," the kitten asked.
"Well, its something you go by. I am Gingernut, this is Fenix, and this is Sunny. Those are all names," Gingernut explained.
"Oh! I'll go by Nikki," the kitten declared.
Suddenly, they saw something flying. It was a hawk.
"Not again," Gingernut complained.
"Here we go again," Fenix bickered.
The hawk didn't see them, but soon after, they heard deafening bangs.
"What is that?!?!" Sunny yelled over the pows and bangs.
"I think those are gunshots," Fenix explained.
"What are those," Nikki asked.
"They kill things," Gingernut yelled. "Run for the mountains!!!"

"That was close," Gingernut said.
"What were they after," Sunny asked.
"Probably a deer or something," Fenix said.
"Whatever. I'm tired," Gingernut complained. It was now in the late afternoon, about 3:00 pm.
They found a small shed on the countryside that they thought they could stay in. Their thoughts might have been different if they knew what would happen if they stayed in it, but they came in and roosted up on some old curtain rods while the kitten slept in some old bed sheets. Gingernut then foolishly looked outside of the back window, and saw the most frightening thing since they had seen the silver fox.
To be continued...

Here's chapter 8. Sorry if its short, I promise 9 will be much longer to make up for it!!!
Chapter 8
"Oh dear God," Gingernut gasped.
"What is it now," Fenix grumbled.
"L-look outside," Gingernut said, freaking out.
There they stood. 3 coyotes that were foaming at the mouth. One of them also had a familiar figure in it's mouth.
"N-no," Gingernut weeped. Was it who she really thought it was? Or was it just another chicken?
"JAZZY!!!!" Gingernut cried. She tried to run towards her.
"No, Gingernut," Fenix said, stopping her. "It is too late."
The coyote dropped the bird. It lay lifeless on the green grass. The coyotes sniffed the air, and charged the shed.
"They smelled us," Fenix cried. "Hide!"
They broke into the shed by tearing off a piece of dead wood on the side. Nikki swatted at the first coyote.
"Go away, punk," Nikki demanded defiantly. The coyote snapped and almost hit him.
"NIKKI!" Sunny screamed. The coyotes then stopped sniffing and ran over to the chicks.
"Thanks for your help, Sunny! Now we're all going to be eaten," Fenix scolded.
The first coyote tried to snap at Gingernut.
"Look out, tough guy," Fenix warned, using the same diving tactic he had used a month ago against the other coyote. His spurs were now fully developed, so it did plenty of damage. The coyote he attacked was severely injured and fled, however this made his subordinates very angry. Both at the same time surrounded him and were just about to snap...
"Incoming," Sunny yelled, diving into the coyotes, confusing them. Gingernut then repeated this, leading the coyotes into Nikki, where she scratched the second one badly. He ran off, and the third one scared of being left behind, followed the second.
"Thanks Nikki," Sunny said.
"No problem," Nikki replied.
"We should find a new place to rest," Gingernut explained. "Remember, if there's one there's more, and 3 is a very small coyote pack. The last thing we need is a whole pack of those things, and that plan won't work again."
"Darnit Ginger," Fenix bickered. "I haven't slept for 14 hours! What, do you think I'm a robot or something?"
"Fenix," Gingernut scolded. "I just saved your life, I'd be a bit more considerate!"
"Grr. Alright," Fenix grumbled.
"Jazzy," Gingernut thought.
"It can't be her," Fenix reasoned. "She had pointy eyes, this bird doesn't!"
"What?!" Gingernut looked over the dead carcass and realized that it wasn't Jazzy!
"Phew," Sunny said. "I was worried!"
"Who is Jazzy," Nikki asked.
"She is my best friend," Gingernut explained. "She ran off into a forest after a rooster told her not to, and we've been searching for her for months."
"Oh," Nikki said.
Suddenly, they heard another cry for help.
To be continued...

Back
Top Bottom