John Hoy Muff gamefowl

did you find any?
I got a pair from Texas. The cock is maybe 4-4.5 pounds, the hen is large, hoping I can get them a bit larger in the future. I’d also like to see tighter/hard feathering, the hen is not as sleek looking as my other game hens. They are active, healthy, nice looking fowl. Just a couple goals I have in mind with them. It’d be nice to get another pure hen.

Attachments

• 66A19539-F4C6-4004-9031-ED1EEE44E3FC.jpeg
    66A19539-F4C6-4004-9031-ED1EEE44E3FC.jpeg
    564.4 KB · Views: 132
  • F7BECAE5-B91C-4AEB-BA34-22C2454EF1FE.jpeg
    F7BECAE5-B91C-4AEB-BA34-22C2454EF1FE.jpeg
    504.5 KB · Views: 130
  • 1A0FA71E-3F5E-42DB-A5C0-F62AFC5A950D.jpeg
    1A0FA71E-3F5E-42DB-A5C0-F62AFC5A950D.jpeg
    491.3 KB · Views: 125
Looking for some quality American muff gamefowl. I have some that are muffed Spanish and muffed Brazilian Shamos. Can you direct me as to where you got these? They are a fine looking, particularly the rooster.

I’ve their chicks right now, and plan on driving around the South this summer to possibly find another muff hen along the way. For now, text/call me and I can keep you updated on my Hoy and how they mature. The cock is very calm, active, the hen is a very protective and serious mother which I am ok with, none of her chicks died. They were the last pair from a man in Texas and he told me the last blood from an old timer in Tennessee. So I may be the only one in N. England that has this family as they seem to be very rare. I plan on breeding them properly and can have some available come autumn/winter. The hen is large, I am very excited to watch her stags mature as they will likely be a very solid build. Let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Old Charlie had some of the best muffs ever walk on this earth.They were Blue Burg Muffs.Seek Kentucky I'm sure he's probably more than likely passed by now.You can obtain this blood you struck gold.Trust me.You more than likely find them around Spingbrook area.Wished I knew more and could be better assistance but that's all I know.Cheers
Thank you for the info. Been a few years since I drove around Kentucky but as I am from Pennsylvania, that may be a fine idea on my drive through the South this summer.

Most muff fowl I've seen have bigger heads not to pleasing to my eye . However when you stumble on to good ones it's not a bother.However that feller looks great.As with any fowl breed and cull they get better health and so on cheers

I got a pair from Texas. The cock is maybe 4-4.5 pounds, the hen is large, hoping I can get them a bit larger in the future. I’d also like to see tighter/hard feathering, the hen is not as sleek looking as my other game hens. They are active, healthy, nice looking fowl. Just a couple goals I have in mind with them. It’d be nice to get another pure hen.
Looking for some quality American muff gamefowl. I have some that are muffed Spanish and muffed Brazilian Shamos. Can you direct me as to where you got these? They are a fine looking, particularly the rooster.

Old Charlie had some of the best muffs ever walk on this earth.They were Blue Burg Muffs.Seek Kentucky I'm sure he's probably more than likely passed by now.You can obtain this blood you struck gold.Trust me.You more than likely find them around Spingbrook area.Wished I knew more and could be better assistance but that's all I know.Cheers

I’ve their chicks right now, and plan on driving around the South this summer to possibly find another muff hen along the way. For now, text/call me and I can keep you updated on my Hoy and how they mature. The cock is very calm, active, the hen is a very protective and serious mother which I am ok with, none of her chicks died. They were the last pair from a man in Texas and he told me the last blood from an old timer in Tennessee. So I may be the only one in N. England that has this family as they seem to be very rare. I plan on breeding them properly and can have some available come autumn/winter. The hen is large, I am very excited to watch her stags mature as they will likely be a very solid build. Let me know.
Thanks for the information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw that Dr Kozura from Denton, Texas recently passed away. His family developed the Kozura muffs, toppies, and their muff/toppies. Wonder what happened to his muffs now that he has passed away.

Brood pen with the Hoy Cock and pullets (out of the larger Sears hen).

Attachments

• 41082D9D-2F85-4D3D-9C76-CD140117B2B2.jpeg
    41082D9D-2F85-4D3D-9C76-CD140117B2B2.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 40
  • 53CBEC8B-F947-42A2-95B7-39B0D7F2D836.jpeg
    53CBEC8B-F947-42A2-95B7-39B0D7F2D836.jpeg
    694.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 571A2C29-A76E-4193-BB0A-CCDAAEB2FFCD.jpeg
    571A2C29-A76E-4193-BB0A-CCDAAEB2FFCD.jpeg
    892.3 KB · Views: 36

Back
Top Bottom