Join me on my Classroom Hatch-A-Long, support and advice appreciated!

Pics
We candled and drew air cells today! The kids are so adorable, so many were nervous about accidentally cracking the eggs so their lines are wobbly. Does this look like proper air cell growth? (One egg isn’t in the pic because the carton only fit 12…but it’s still viable!)
View attachment 3091036
Did you weigh them too? I just weighed my incubator egg so was trying to figure out if the weight loss was good

Ok. My lone guy..... Eeks girl I hope! is around 8%. Thought I figured out it should be around 8.5- a bit over 9. So was curious what yours was
I read somewhere that if you weigh the eggs in a group together it is pretty accurate but there is lots more variation if you compare individual eggs. I figure as long as the air cell is growing slightly and weight is lower, something must be going right.

Today was pretty uneventful. I did figure out how to set up a live feed for the kids on Tue night (our hatch day) so in case nothing hatches on Tue during the day they can log in from home on Tue night and check the progress! I’m going to have to probably set lockdown on day 17 instead of day 18, and really hoping it doesn’t screw anything up! Friday will be our last candle and air cell day! I can’t believe it, this has gone so fast!

Today was pretty uneventful. I did figure out how to set up a live feed for the kids on Tue night (our hatch day) so in case nothing hatches on Tue during the day they can log in from home on Tue night and check the progress! I’m going to have to probably set lockdown on day 17 instead of day 18, and really hoping it doesn’t screw anything up! Friday will be our last candle and air cell day! I can’t believe it, this has gone so fast!
SO EXCITING!!!!!!! Do you feel like me it has gone so slow and fast at the same time. and it feels like so long and so close at the same time. Hahaa! I know I make zero sense!

WE ARE SO CLOSE!!!!!!!

Can't wait for you to candle them and put them in lockdown tomorrow!
I’m actually going to be able to get in on Sat! So regular lockdown on Day 18! 😊 Will still probably candle & draw final air cells tomorrow so they are ready for Sat. I don’t want to take too long setting them up since it is a weekend and someone will just be waiting for me to do it so they can lock back up. Lol

Very excited!

I’m actually going to be able to get in on Sat! So regular lockdown on Day 18! 😊 Will still probably candle & draw final air cells tomorrow so they are ready for Sat. I don’t want to take too long setting them up since it is a weekend and someone will just be waiting for me to do it so they can lock back up. Lol

Very excited!
GREAT news!!!!!!! I think I am going to cut the shelf liner and take out the tray tomorrow night so at least that is set. I may still turn the egg on Sat am at least by hand, but we have a few things to do tomorrow so I would rather do it tomorrow night instead of taking the chance of it being later on Sat. But I will up the humidity on Sat. I just can't believe it is getting so close!!

fingers crossed for LOTS of babies for you and your class!

Back
Top Bottom