Joplin Missouri

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by xke4, May 23, 2011.

1. xke4

xke4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2007
    Just looking at the CNN webpage. Total destruction of a large part of the town. Do we have any members from there? Hoping everyone stays safe as it looks to be another stormy day there.

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Just wondering the same thing. So many lost.....Prayers for all.

3. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    ruthless lives east of there but they checked in on the missouri thread they are OK

4. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
  5. Chickenberry

Chickenberry Chillin' With My Peeps

So sad, and such a difficult time for people. We had a tornado in Tuska Ok several weeks back~ and it was terrible too. The shock of it.. and the realities are much more than the eyes/heart can take in. These families in Joplin need our prayers!

6. Slinkytoys

Slinkytoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2009
    Black Forest
    I lived there for 5 years. Just found out one of my dear friends lost her father. The tornado did a direct hit on his house. So many still missing, some being found in the wreckage, its just awful.
    Slinky

7. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I am less than an hour north of Joplin. Thankfully, we did not have any effects from the disaster. It is a terrible thing, for sure. More than a hundred dead and it is growing. So very sad. The hospital took a direct hit and is totally useless right now.

8. suebee

suebee Speaks Silkie Fluently

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    I hope our Joplin members are okay. KathyMO, so glad you posted and are OK. I'm in NC but cannot get over these images on CNN and local news.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by