Jubilee (mille fleur) Orpington project update - PICs pg4

hinkjc

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
PA
I do believe we are finally making progress with these guys. They still have lots of growing out to do, but I am seeing the pattern starting to develop on some of them and also the black chevron, which is encouraging. These are mostly the cockerels, as it is hard to show the pattern on the pullets on a picture. I will try to get some and open the wing for pictures on them, or as they grow out more I'm sure it will be more visible in pics.

101010019.jpg

101010021.jpg

101010044.jpg

101010052.jpg

101010033.jpg

101010034.jpg

Chevrons showing in the fluff:
101010035.jpg

Here's a funky colored roo that I'm hanging on to just out of curiosity. The patterning on him is a really light tan color, not white and then the tips of the feathers are red. hmmm
101010050.jpg

101010054.jpg

101010031.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Cyn! I'm hoping we're on our way in the right direction. I'm sure we'll know more as they mature. I was hoping some folks from the mille cochin thread would take a look and provide some input. They've been working on their color for quite a while.

Thanks Mark! I'm hoping they look more like candy as they grow up. We have a couple interesting color projects going, but I really enjoy this one because it's so challenging.

HinkJc, are these crosses between the Sussex/BO crosses and the Sussex/Black Orpington crosses on your website?

I'm working on a project with Buff Cornish and Spangled Orloffs and eventually want to get back to the tri-color pattern with my finished project, so I want to be sure I choose the right matches! You're my trail blazer, in that regard.
smile.png
These guys are looking lovely.

Last edited by a moderator:
HHF - yes, these are from the Speckled Sussex X Buff Orp line. Thanks so much for your nice comments. I wish you luck with your project too. I bet they'll look fantastic.

Thanks Tony! They're coming along. Slowly, but getting there.
wink.png

we were given a hen from a woman the other day that looks exactly like in the first photo! i had no idea what it was, just started calling her 'the cocoa hen'.

btw i totally want to steal all your lavender aracaunas
wink.png
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom