July 1st hatching ..DAY 23 for a few of us!

Anyone else got that "sick to my stomach"
sickbyc.gif
feeling or am I just over reacting? This is my first time hatching and I'm more than just a little anxious
fl.gif

Quote:
im right there with you...just got my humidty up to middel 60's and im now starting to see foggy/condinsated windows. I know it's only day 18 for me...but im DIEING!!! to see a pip
jumpy.gif

Quote:
ME TOO I keep feeling like I did something wrong and I'm going to kill them all I feel so nervous because I just don't want to hurt something that started to grow. I have had such bad luck with these shipped eggs because some many were broke or never started growig because of bad air bubbles and non fertile eggs and the 4 i have i only think 2 are good but we will see their so dark i can't see much but a black blob

Quote:
im right there with you...just got my humidty up to middel 60's and im now starting to see foggy/condinsated windows. I know it's only day 18 for me...but im DIEING!!! to see a pip
jumpy.gif

did you start before us? because today is day 17 you aren't suppose to start counting till the day after you put them in unless you put them in in the morning

Mine are due on July 1 also!!! I have mixed banty's and silkie eggs. I had 21 shipped eggs, threw out 5 infertiles after candling on day 10. Gonna candle for the last time again tonight. *takes a deep breath* Not sure what to look for as it is my first hatch!!! I'm so nervous. Got my brooder ready today just incase. Going on lock down tomorrow @ 8 pm.

Well I'm a day behind you all.
I have no idea what may or may not happen.
Last candling their seemed to be a lot of space in my eggs for the chicks to grow yet. That was Wednesday.
So they could all be done and I don't know it.
lock down is on Monday for me.

My Temp. and Humidity have been up and down like a freekin yo-yo.
Temp between 93 - 102
Humidity Between 45% - 55%
So I may have delayed their hatch Best case scenario.
Worse case ... they are done.

Now I really understand the phrase
"Don't count your chickens before they hatch!"

Quote:
jumpy.gif

did you start before us? because today is day 17 you aren't suppose to start counting till the day after you put them in unless you put them in in the morning

No I put mine in on the 10th in the afternoon but I'm just thinking with my luck even though I still have 9 of 12 that are alive I hope I don't do/ or have done anything to screw them up and well you know......
hide.gif

Quote:
jumpy.gif

this is the first i have ever heard of "not starting to count" untill they have been in the incubator for one day. My egg's went in on June 10th at 2 pm

Back
Top Bottom