July 1st hatching ..DAY 23 for a few of us!

Quote:
Yep, and they sure are pretty!
love.gif

post them!!!!!!! i would LOVE to see them

OK I have to admit I'm not very good with the computer and I don't know how to set up the link to the post of the pics
hide.gif

Well the eggs that were under my uncles hen was candled last night out of 10 that were shipped upon arrival 4 were bad with 1 with a ? on it then he candled for the first time only 2 were growing the rest never even started! mine in the incubator i got 7 so far 3 were infertile. so grand total out of 17 shipped eggs only 6 even started to grow!
hit.gif
but those 6 are all growing strong so hopefully they will all make it. but i did just order a dozen new eggs that i want that will be from this weekends lay and be shipped Monday arrive Wednesday then by Thursday should have a free incubator again for 12 new tries at babies. I will get my own black copper Marans flock if it takes me all summer hatching
duc.gif
! haha but this time rather than buying silly ebay crud eggs i purchased form a fellow byc member.

Last edited:
milleryardchx, That sucks ... so many not fertile or growing.

You do sound determined ... I like your spunk.

I'm hoping and praying mine will hatch. out of 12 I have 8 with a good chance.

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer!

i candled my banty eggs tonight..."day16"...and NO MOVEMENT!!
ep.gif
hit.gif

I was shocked!!! I mean the air cells are quite large...and i see HUGE black masses...but they were not moveing around like they were on "day 10" I may have seen....SLIGHT movement...but that is all. Im starting to think they mave have got too cold whem i found my bator at 98% one afternoon here recently. Or am i freaking out over nothing because they are banty egg's??? Reason i ask is because i candled one of my Buff. O egg's and that guy was kicking around inside his egg like a ninja! I sure hope i didn't kill them
hit.gif

98 shouldn't have killed any may have slowed maturing by a few hours or a day but your almost to the end leave them be and you will most likely have cute banty fluffy butts in just a few days. plus they are running out of room to squirm all around. just like a women 9 months pregnant sees a slight drop in baby movement because their running out of room.

Quote:

Last edited:
So tommarow is lockdown one question do I lockdown first thing in the morning or wait till 3pm the time I put the eggs in or does it really matter if they get turned a last time or two before lockdown?

Quote:
for good measure i turned them one last time...then got my dish and coral sponge with water all set up. I locked it down just 5 minuets ago at the same time my eggs went in on day one. I dont think it matters much if you are a few hours behind or ahead your original first day time when the eggs went in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom