July 1st hatching ..DAY 23 for a few of us!

I swear, I have been thrilled with what has managed to survive so far and I hope they continue to make it. These are LF lemon blues from mmicasa and made the trip all the way from CA! I don't think there was an infertile egg in the bunch! Hopefully the hatching gods will continue to watch over these
smile.png

Well i have 9 frizzle white left and 6 bantams left, one had a blood ring and one i thought was bad so i opened it bad mommy. Well i have decided to leave them alone we will see how that goes. good luck to every one
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

hi y'all! We've got Crow, a black Australorpe, sitting on six eggs due between June 28 and the 1st. (we put them under as they were laid by the other girls). I haven't candled. Didn't even occur to me or my sweet patootie. Hmm..kind of scared to do it now. Don't want to know. On the other hand - scary rooster has to go so perhaps we should. Ah well close enough now. She's been sitting for ages but we just stuck them under her a couple of weeks ago. We marked them because even though she has her own little nest in a kennel the others are so used to laying squeezed next to her that they come in there and lay once in awhile.
got my fingers crossed!

Quote:
well that's good. Maby you should candel. It sure is amazing if you have not ever done it before. For me, it just let's me know im doing things the right way. I would rather find out early that the eggs are no good rather than on day 18 when i get all excited for lockdown.

I candled today 4 i can finally see big veins growing in those dark eggs and 5 ? eggs we will see if my 4 hatch or maybe more!. i hope for at least three so I can be thriller if extra decide to hatch

well I culled 5 eggs today. Well not really culled since they were all infertile! the last two from my hens were duds so I'm thinking my rooster is a dud or shooting blanks! And my ordered eggs from ebay ohh joy 3 of 7 were infertile one I pulled out and no bulls eyes on the yolk. There is one I don't want to pull because I don't know for sure if its good or not but I do have three with big old veins and a mostly dark egg so we will see.

My daughter candled the eggs Last night.
We are both Inexperienced at this, We are learning together.
She came to the same conclusion I did ... 8 out of the 12 eggs are GOOD.

BTW ... the rain finally STOPPED here and it is now HOT! ...lol

Back
Top Bottom