July 2017 Hatchalong

Real Ameraucana or EE? The ones I bought last year said Ameraucana but they were obviously EE after they hatched (some had yellow skin) but they were still beautiful with very pretty blue eggs.

According to the ebay seller, they are Ameracaunaus from show stock. I looked them up on a review site and they
Screenshot_20170621-065151.png
had positive feedback. Fingers crossed.

I've been putting eggs from my Australorp's in my incubator daily this week. I did a candle of the first eggs that I put in on Monday and Tuesday, and I think that I am starting to see some of those spider-web looking things in a few of them. I'll wait a couple more days and try again to be sure. I'm so excited, as I am hatching from my Blue rooster this time.

I've been putting eggs from my Australorp's in my incubator daily this week. I did a candle of the first eggs that I put in on Monday and Tuesday, and I think that I am starting to see some of those spider-web looking things in a few of them. I'll wait a couple more days and try again to be sure. I'm so excited, as I am hatching from my Blue rooster this time.

Do you have a separate hatcher? Usually you don't want to add daily. I even have a separate hatcher and still add in batches.

Last edited:
My bantam EE eggs arrive Wednesday intact with very good air cells. :ya I set them on Thursday.

Right now I have a Spitz-Egger and a guinea in the hatcher. The guinea is pipped externally, the chick just internally at this point. I have another Spitz-Egger in there that is just starting to draw down.

We're hatching Call ducks, but most of them arrived with ruptured egg sacs We've had 8 on, on day 3 and had to chuck one with a blood ring already. Super anxious and putting them all with their bums in the air tonight... but perhaps too late! Rested them for 24 hours but using a Brinsea Mini so they're on their sides and I've been manually turning!

Back
Top Bottom