July 2017 Hatchalong

Pics
Ok....I'm done for the rest of the year. I checked the egg last night, and saw the baby pecking away, I'm guessing to try and pip internally. I could see the membrane moving with its bill. This morning, I checked on it, and no movement. Temps were at 99 to 100, humidity was at 60 m/l. Soooo, I started opening it up around the air cell, and noticed the membrane was white, and drawn in on the poor little thing. A lot of goo around its nares, too.

So, that's that. If I hatch any out in the next month, I'm afraid they won't be big enough to put out with the other ducks come cold weather time. We only have the one duck house. Trying either ducklings, and/or a totally different incubator in the spring.

I'm sorry :hugs

One baby died, one just hatched and is beautiful and healthy, and I have two pipped. :love
20170727_143925.jpg

final count for my july hatch was 12 healthy babies, one deceased scissor beak that only had one eye and one more that was in the bator still waiting to absorb its yolk when I left for work this morn. all in all not too bad a hatch. Much better than the last few anyway!

Back
Top Bottom