July 2021 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Day 18 for me with my accidental silkie/polish/aracuna egg under a broody and starting to see movement in the air cell :yaI didn't even think it would make it past a week due to it being winter here but it's been growing nicely and surprising me everyday. Hopefully will see the weird little chick in the next couple days

there be chickies in the incubator ! ! ! ... these are some 'replacements' for 4 birds i lost to a feral cat over several weeks a bit back .. the cat has since been terminated .. but mom is a barred rock on this one and dad is a leghorn bantam mutt mix of some kind .. so exciting when they bust out chirping heheh
CIMG1971.JPG

15 out of 20 eggs made it to lockdown yesterday. 13 CL and 2 'other', lol. One is Barred Rock, the other one is either red sexlink or from a black sexlink. I would say Australorp maybe, but all of my Australorp girls dislike my cockerel for some reason. Every time I see him trying to talk those girls into a little something, they look at him like he's an idiot and chase him off :idunnoSo we will see what pops out!

I did a final candle and one egg was definitely a dud so I got rid of it. Broody is now sitting on 3 eggs that are coming along nicely. I'm starting to get anxious. 5 days left (if no one hatches early) and hoping our girl is going to be a good momma. I think I've read too many sad posts on here about broody hens killing their own chicks and now I'm a bit scared that I'm going to go out there and find a dead chick one of these mornings. I think she's getting annoyed at how often I'm checking on her 😅😅

Back
Top Bottom