July 4th hatch-a-long

Well, kinda bummed. Down to 2 viable Ayam and 4 silkies. Not sure what the post office did, but they must have scrambled them. 4 blood rings within the first week and tonight 2 more quitters. Just hoping the last hold outs will hatch. It's a shame bc 8 of the 9 were fertile! Darn post office!

I am down to thirteen of the eighteen originally set. One never developed, two developed blood rings around day 8, and the last two I lost sometime this week.. I am planning on doing an eggtopsy on the two in the morning. I was really hoping for better results as these eggs were picked up locally... I am just glad they aren't some rare expensive eggs. Here's hoping the rest make it to hatching 5-6 days away.

First round of candling is done. Lost 7 That had no development at all. I added enough to fill the incubator over the few days after I first set it. New total is 35 developing nicely. 1 of those were iffy with a larger air cell and the veins were not as distinct. Now to figure out how to hold the candle, egg, phone, while blocking enough light to take a picture.

I started with 6 olive eggers under my first broody hen. One egg broke on about day 10, so I may not have any to hatch. But, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. May hatch a little early as hot as it is here in Louisiana, but July 3 would be day 21 of setting. Don't know how I'll make it through this week!

Hi everyone. :) This is my first hatch ever. I started with 6 local Serama eggs, and now I'm on day 13 with 3 progressing nicely. Lockdown will be on July 3rd, and I keep hearing that Seramas like to come early, so we may have some babies showing up on day 19, the 4th.

welcome-byc.gif
I'm new too! Hope you have (at least) 3 new peeps this time next week!

Cedar

Gwendolyn is still sitting the eggs so we have about 10/11 days to go. I am certainly not going to candle any of them I value my fingers! -lol

I did see wet on the hay so not sure if she stood on one we will soon find out. I am Egg cited!

Oes

Back
Top Bottom