July 4th hatch-a-long

I was hoping for an early hatch since it's so hot (18 days), but today is day 18 and she got off the nest for a while this morning. So I guess we're going the full 21 days..still keeping my fingers crossed that some, or one, will hatch.

Mine under a broody were duds...so I can't believe I'm doing this, rescuing a supposed sweet rooster instead
fl.gif
of have independence day chicks I'll get him, maybe name him Indy.
big_smile.png

Getting ready to head off to cubscout camp on Sunday. Day 18 is on Saturday so hoping my daughter can handle the hatch
1f914.png
Candled one last time tonight since we are helping friends move this weekend so I am going to be crazy busy. Still have 2 Ayams holding in there and 4 silkies. I can see the outline of one Ayam very clearly.

Gwendolyn is still on the nest and is getting more and more feisty as the days go on.
We are at day 11 so 10 days to go

Oes

I've got two barred rocks due on Monday; the last two fertile eggs from my murdered rooster :( I also had 21 guineas due Sunday but they decided to come out yesterday and today instead :) (except one late quitter, it looks like).

Last edited:
Well I had a chick hatch a full week late. So don;t give up on any late ones untill your over 28days. That chick survived and grew into a lovely Maran roo.
So I always check and double check before I toss anything. There may just be a little fighter left inside!

Oes

Back
Top Bottom