July 4th hatch-a-long

I have a broody buff orpington and put 3 eggs under her and all 3 hatched on 4th of July
1f423.png
1f423.png
I was really happy all 3 hatched. But she is still broody the other keep sneaking eggs under her.

Right after I posted yesterday, I got my first pip, but on the wrong end of the egg, no where near the air cell. I opened the membrane enough to make sure she was getting air, and waited a patient 21 hrs before assisting her the rest of the way out. When I got home from work today she had started to zip, so I took that as a sign that she was ready. I didn't have any confidence that she'd be able to make it all the way out malpositioned. She's looking good and fluffing up at the moment :jumpy

Sadly my July 4th baby did not make it. I wait too long to get her untrapped. She was just to weak. So of 68 eggs and 365 dollars I got 3 chicks. Now those are some pricy chicks!

Sorry about the bad hatch :hugs What breeds hatched out for you?

I had to do a completely assisted hatch today to save one of my chicks. Seven eggs made it to lockdown, two hatched on their own, four were late DIS, and the last I decided to help and caught it right before it died.
i got 2 lavenders and a chocolate all orps

I've 3 incubators on the go..I'm on day 25 with one..no pip as of yet, did the water test, very much alive, and very active...little dude or dudette just doesn't want to come out yet..I've 19 due in 3 days...I candled on day 8 for all, but missed one with a second yolk/embryo, noticed it on day 18, ..and oops..I've 2 chicks in one egg...All seems normal form the outside looking in..(Hard to tell) I may have to intervene there hopefully save one, if not two..(big sigh) Now just hoping the chick hatches today just to have the worry of one over with, before the worry of the 19 comes around..lol

Sooo good to see all the new chicks coming along.. No sign of anything yet with old Gwendolyn
She is as feisty as ever.

We will see tomorrow is 21 days.

Oes

Here is one of the 3 silkies that hatched. I'm still disappointed in losing all my Ayam chicks, but this one silkie has been the best. So friendly and cute as a button!

Back
Top Bottom