July Hatch-a-Long (including 4th of July hatch-a-long)

How many times per year do you hatch eggs?

• 1-2

Votes: 45 26.3%
  • 2-3

Votes: 18 10.5%
  • 3-4

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • 4-5

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • I don’t count the times

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Hatchaholic

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
My experience with them shipping their ducks (through Metzer in California, southern California) was not a happy one this year. I lost half of my ducks in shipping. Their customer service was top notch but still I wouldn't order from them for ducks this year again.
Oh no!! That’s terrible! :(

I was just thinking since they don’t seem to have many chickens available hah

My tomato plants are out of control right now. I think each plant has about 30-50 tomatoes. It is insane. I am going to donate some to the local food pantry plus give some to friends. There is no way we are going to eat all of them.

My peppers are starting to get out of control too, but I am hoping they survive. My yellow peppers do not look so good. I am not sure why. I did add bunny fertilizer so hopefully that will help some.

The bunny fertilizer is the main reason why our tomatoes are doing so good.

That sounds wonderful! My garden is done....grasshoppers had a feast on it. :(

When I went out to put chickens in for the night I found 2 more big bull snakes in the chickens night run. I tried to kill one of them, but my blade on my hoe was not sharp enough. They both slithered right through the chicken wire and hid under my FIL's trailer that he keeps his old model A in...so I am sure they will be back. I thought it was odd that they were hiding in the night pen....and sure enough we get a huge wind storm about 20 minutes later. It has blown the trampoline over (each of the 6 U shaped legs had 3 cinder blocks tied to it). I am sure we had gusts above 70 mph. I guess we will get to go see what other damage we have in the morning. (I'm sure it wasn't good on the crops either).

Haven't checked in for a few days and now you're talking about rabbit manure. I learn so much from this thread! :gig

My eggs have shipped! :wee A little on the late side for my comfort. The mail only delivers mon to fri and takes at least 2 days. If it doesn't make it here by friday...

Unreasonably excited about these eggs. My breeding stock have been boring these last years. I got one beautifully patterned lady, but can't seem to get anything fun outta her. I Need Patterns!!

Haven't checked in for a few days and now you're talking about rabbit manure. I learn so much from this thread! :gig

My eggs have shipped! :wee A little on the late side for my comfort. The mail only delivers mon to fri and takes at least 2 days. If it doesn't make it here by friday...

Unreasonably excited about these eggs. My breeding stock have been boring these last years. I got one beautifully patterned lady, but can't seem to get anything fun outta her. I Need Patterns!!
We only get mail here on Tuesday and Friday... I know the feels on waiting. Your eggys will be okay! Fingers crossed you get some fun chicks out of them to make it worth the wait

My first baby from my Fibro Phoenix mad-scientist project hatched out yesterday! I just had the 11th out of 11 hatch, but only one is Phoenix - the others are pure Ayam Cemani, or AC/Giant Cochin cross.

I've got a bigger batch due the 24th-ish, and then I swear, I am done for the summer! I swear it! Maybe... 🤣🤣

20200707_185632.jpg

Back
Top Bottom