July Hatch-a-Long (including 4th of July hatch-a-long)

How many times per year do you hatch eggs?

• 1-2

Votes: 45 26.3%
  • 2-3

Votes: 18 10.5%
  • 3-4

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • 4-5

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • I don’t count the times

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Hatchaholic

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
Pics
Aaaaaand I’m back.....again. Lol. Our last chick hatched yesterday afternoon, and I dropped it on my husband that I have 12 more shipping out on Monday. He just looked at me and said “no”. Haha. Too late, they’re paid for and they’re my two favourite breeds!
This will be my first shipped egg experience. They are only traveling from two hours away. 6 Lavender Orpingtons, and 6 Ameraucanas.
Our hatch rate from last hatch was 90% (silkies and mixes (roosters were silkie, Polish and BR)....I’m not expecting such a good hatch rate again but I’m hoping for maybe a couple of each breed! July 1 or 2 hatch depending on what day they arrive and what day I set them.

Now there starting to hatch! Well, one has hatched and 2 have pipped.
Ok, so this is what happened. 3 out of 7 successfully hatched healthy and chirpy :jumpy. 1 of them hatched fine but seemed to be having balance issues or something. 1 died right after hatching and 1 died in the middle of hatching :(:hit. 1 has not pipped yet but looked fine when I candled it today and smelled fine too. So i left the egg that didn't pip yet in the incubator, got rid of the dead chicks, and gave the 4 alive chicks to a friend.

@FortCluck, congrats on getting your thread featured!
fortcluck featured_1.png

I have a question.
How many Hatch-a-Long's are there typically in an average year?
I'd like to join but it's too soon after my last hatch right now. Perhaps I could contribute to the next one?
Thanks!

We have one pretty much every month, lol. The hatchaholics will be here when you're ready! :D

Back
Top Bottom