July Hatch-a-long

I have 5 Silkie eggs hopefully hatching tonight or tomorrow. Hope they do- they are the last fertilized eggs by my beloved Yosh, who was killed by a predator. Bittersweet. I need a little Yoshi Jr
fl.gif
love.gif
Pam Pittman

I have 5 Silkie eggs hopefully hatching tonight or tomorrow. Hope they do- they are the last fertilized eggs by my beloved Yosh, who was killed by a predator. Bittersweet. I need a little Yoshi Jr
fl.gif
love.gif
Pam Pittman
I am sorry for your loss................****, I have last a few this season also and it always does me in for awhile.
I think a coyote took my Speckled Sussex............a sassy girl we called hot Mama
Good luck with your hatch

well thank God for the 5 quail that hatched last night and today because between neighbors stealing our quail out of one cage and a coon taking all 8 out of the other cage we don't have anymore quail. we have two more that are well on their way out and then we have about 16 eggs that we have collected since Sunday that we will be setting on Saturday. Hopfully those will hatch and then we can start building our flock of quail up again. The people that stole from us damaged the barn we had the quail in which allowed the raccoon to get in today. It is almost enough to do us in.

Well, it isn't quite chicken related but I have a new litter of rabbits this morning. :) The mama is a first-timer and seems to have come through it like a pro. I'd guess at least 10 healthy squirmers from the little poking around I did.

In chicken news, I go into lockdown tomorrow with the incubator and the broody hen is very, very grouchy with me. All good things!

Back
Top Bottom