July Online Mystery Hatching Egg Swap Now Closed

I am getting ready to put 21 serama eggs in my incubator. I have never hatched serama. How long does it take to hatch and when should they go into lockdown? Should the temp and humidity be the same as chicken eggs?

I am getting ready to put 21 serama eggs in my incubator. I have never hatched serama. How long does it take to hatch and when should they go into lockdown? Should the temp and humidity be the same as chicken eggs?

Yes, they are 19 days but you don't want the humidity as high as you do for the chicken eggs. They will drown. I dry hatch my serama, I find it works better. I have less die during the hatching process. I put a little water in the first day I put them in lock down just o help there egg soften for hatching then by day 3 of lock down there is no water in there. I have had them drown more times than once with the regular humidity.

Yes, they are 19 days but you don't want the humidity as high as you do for the chicken eggs. They will drown. I dry hatch my serama, I find it works better. I have less die during the hatching process. I put a little water in the first day I put them in lock down just o help there egg soften for hatching then by day 3 of lock down there is no water in there. I have had them drown more times than once with the regular humidity.
I always dry hatch, so no change for mine...lol

I stop turning at day 16, everything else is the same but I don't measure my humidity so I don't know what it is anyways and I am pretty sure I dry hatch also as I just fill the trays with water and add one wet long thick sanitary napkin folded in half in the corner of the bator and lock down and thats the only moisture I have

MrHeinz...one of the chicken eggs pipped!!
smile.png
It hatched!! It appears to be a big black and yellow chick(its still wet) it came out of a large cream/brown egg

Back
Top Bottom