jumbo french guineas?

BirchHatchery

Songster
10 Years
Nov 2, 2009
indiana
is their any diffrence exsept the size between a jumbo french guinea and a pearl guinea do the jumbos run around and search for food and fly and everythang like normal just wondering as we all no how diffrent a cornish rock is than a rhode island red??

From what I understand, the Jumbos have a hard time mating naturally. But I could be mistaken on that...
hide.gif

I had 4 roos and a hen, I got rid of 3 roos and kept a pr. the neighbors dog killed my male. Im looking for a male. They run around just like the other guineas, I havent had them long enough to breed. I did get 4 or 5 eggs last year from my hen, her eggs were smaller then my other guineas, I set every egg I got from her, only 1 had a chick in it, but it got broke in the nest before it was time to hatch, so I had no luck with them as of yet.

Anyone got a male out there they would part with. Im in Portland, IN. zip code 47371.

I had a pair a few years back. They had no problem mating and the female actually went broody and successfully raised 8 keets. I hatched a lot of their eggs under chicken hens with no problems.

Another fellow Indiana resident here, lol. I also raise the Jumbo French Pearl Guineas. I love them to death. I have 1 roo and 4 hens. I hatched out over 120 chicks from them last season. They will absolutely breed naturally. They are about 2-3 pounds heavier than there smaller counterparts. They forage, and are just as good at being watchdogs as there relatives. We are a few miles south of Greensburg, IN. I work in Greensburg actually. I will be hatching again this year so if anyone wants chicks or eggs just email me please.
thumbsup.gif

i was actually wondering about jumbo guineas too, i have 3 regular sized guineas and might look into jumbos because i want to let them free range all the time but im paranoid because we have a lotttt of hawks. i thought maybe the bigger size would deter the hawks from getting them. can anyone post pics of thier jumbos maybe next to or with a pic of a regular guinea so i can see the size difference? thanks!

Back
Top Bottom