JUNE 1st Hatch: Were locked and hatching!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
and mine came from a breeder here on byc- on the 24 hour auction thread under chickenstocks and meet ups(thought it was the egg chain but that was columbians. I got them from oberhaslikid.

Are yours developing? I am going to do a search for them and see if I can find any...I think I'm addicted to this website now!

Quote:
Oh wow I thought u got rid of them all? How many adults do u have left?

6 girls and 3 boys
smile.png

Do u have any pictures? I would love to see them if you could pm me some?

No news from my end today
hmm.png

Mother is sitting good and tight, turning the eggs and being so gentle. Even when I get her out to eat and drink she fluffs up but doesn't growl or peck.
love.gif

Iam waiting for my new and improved light before I try candling again.
fl.gif

I saw the vet (Dr Cull) yesterday and he said he would be more than happy to look with me...For the same price as a weekend call out!!!!
ep.gif
he.gif

Thinking of you all...It's not long now!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Last edited:
Well, a little far away from June 1st hatch, but I had a Bantam go broody on 14 eggs
ep.gif
She looks like a little pancake.
gig.gif
I will have to get a picture of her today! She will hopefully be hatching on June 12th. I will have bunches of fuzzies!
wee.gif

Edit : mispelled a word
roll.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked seeing the list of each person who has joined in on this thread, with the breed and number of eggs being set.
pop.gif
Now if everyone could give a count of how many of their eggs are looking good, how many days along, and if they were shipped or their own, that would be really interesting!
yippiechickie.gif
I'll start with my 15 shipped BLRW eggs~ 11 are still in the bator at day 11 with 7 having bouncing babies
jumpy.gif
and 4 questionable, which usually means they are no good!
hmm.png
I also added 15 more shipped BLRW eggs plus 4 of my own Black x Blue Wyandottes, that are on day 4. This 2nd batch of shipped eggs were really beat up in the mail so not looking good.
idunno.gif
My 4 eggs set as a fertility test are already obvious with 3 growing, and one clear. I plan to candle tomorrow night at day 5 and should know more then.
fl.gif

Quote:
Great idea chickee! I set 8 blue Orps. on the 13th. Hatch day should be the 3rd. They are shipped eggs from a byc member. I candled on day7 or 8 and all eggs are developing. I believe I'm on day ten and everything has gone smoothly. I rock my incubator very frequently. I remember reading on some post here about Orpingtons having more of a tendancy to stick to the egg. So I will just be cautious. Next year I will get the cradle for my brinsea. Hopefuly I will have some broodies. That would make life simpler. I will candle when I do lockdown on day 18. Good luck to all the
jumpy.gif

thumbsup.gif
- 8 eggs looking good
fl.gif
- shipped eggs
he.gif
- day ten

OK chickee:
caf.gif

10 eggs put under broody silkie cross on May 14th. They are 5 buff sussex and 5 cream legbar.
Shipped from the UK with next day delivery.

As I have never done this before I feel that my candling leaves much to be desired. I candled on day 8 and thought I had 4 legbars and 3 buffys developing, but couldn't see a road map of veins.
fl.gif
fl.gif

As an experiment, I feel that I am learning HUGE amounts, even if I don't get any fluffys. But all I really want in my life is a pullet from each
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom