June 1st Quilt Block Exchange

So glad you are in CarolineNH,
smile.png

Never having participated in a swap group (on this website, although I have done swaps before), does anyone post pics of their blocks as they go?

And if you're doing 16 blocks, do you do all 16 blocks the same, or do you mix it up to use whatever greens you have? I'm assuming here that I'll be using two greens per block, one lighter & one darker, likely the same white-on-white background throughout, but not necessarily the same two greens.

Usually we post pics, but not always. Some of us are very secret. In fact, mostly you never know who they came from. I don't object to you posting pics of every block.

I mix it up, and use cloth I have that meets our basic plan. In this swap, with us using one block for everyone, using differnt colors will assure that every block, and indeed every quilt, will be unique. It's OK if you do them all the same though.

I've gotten the feeling from distributing blocks, that 60% use the same exact fabric consistently, and 40% use diffent cloth, to variying levels of "matching". Some look differnt from block to block, even in the block they choose, and others use exact same blocks, but maybe various cloth withen the same hue of a color. It's all good.

I personally use all kinds of cloth, and even change my blocks sometimes. I get bored easily, and the artist withen me insists on expressing herself even in quilting. I suppose I could do them all the same, but in this swap I'll use our design, but change my greens and whites from block to block. Probobly none will be alike colorwise, except greens and whites. I've got lots of medium greens, and various textures and patterns of whites I'm looking forward to playing with.

Last edited:
I like pictures so when my blocks come and I share them with my husband I can say who made what. Since we are doing the same block I may use several different greens in the block just to make it different only time will tell.

We haven't but we should, so I'm not against it if you want to sign yours. I thought about seeing what everyone thinks about using this block in a swap,

http://www.quilterscache.com/A/AutographStarBlock.html
but do 2 sets of blocks one set is the autograph block and then the 2nd set is a block of your choosing, but you must use the same fabrics as you used in your autoblock so we can connect the blocks to you, does that make sense? Anyway just a thought, we have so many ideas and not enough time
big_smile.png

Klutz story of the week, I have a 13 year old dog, who has not been feeling very well, so when he needs to go out I carry him up and down the steps well at about 5:30 this morning I missed the last 2 steps and landed on both knees and then on to my elbows, but I didn't drop Boots and he came away unscathed, my left knee landed of course in the rocks and is worse than the right and the right elbow is really sore. Poor Boots bet his life passed in front of his eyes!!! We just don't bounce as well as we use to, I don't remember hurting as much when I fell as a kid.

Back
Top Bottom