June 2021 Hatch - A - Long

Pics
Another question- can I use a towel as chick bedding? I need something easy to clean up. I can take the poops off and wash it.

Well Miss Broody #2 is off the nest with her two chicks, who are girls. the other 7 are in the incubator as they look still viable. In fact 1 has internally pipped, so hopefully it did not get to cold in the 3 hours between me checking on her this morning and the check up at 10 when I spotted her off the nest with her two babies. One of the reasons why I don't like Broodies is their tendency to leave the nest before the hatch is finished.

That and the tendency of the other gals adding eggs under the broody.

Guys! I just took Dodo food and water to let her stretch her legs for a minute. Took the opportunity to candle a couple eggs one last time and the 3rd egg I candled was externally pipped! I didn't hear the chick but carefully put it back and Dodo. She settled and shoved them under her. I hope I didn't make it stressed. My last clutch hatched early and I had a feeling these would too. So anxious. I will get zero sleep tonight.

Guys! I just took Dodo food and water to let her stretch her legs for a minute. Took the opportunity to candle a couple eggs one last time and the 3rd egg I candled was externally pipped! I didn't hear the chick but carefully put it back and Dodo. She settled and shoved them under her. I hope I didn't make it stressed. My last clutch hatched early and I had a feeling these would too. So anxious. I will get zero sleep tonight.
Woo Hoo! Send pics once you see them

Late to the party (as usual) just put my first set of chick eggs on lockdown. It's a mix of cochin bantam (6 or 7) and full sized (10-15). All have a cochin bantam roo father. So sad that none of the EE eggs look viable. Guess I'll have to set some more once this batch is done 🤷

Back
Top Bottom