June 2023 Hatch-a-long

Pics
And now here I am, in the June hatch-a-long as well.
One of my silkies went broody Tuesday, I gave her 6 of her own eggs- (Not even sure if they're fertile though, she's a loner bird.. )
20230601_092401.jpg

If i did the math right they should hatch around June 20th? Correct me if I'm wrong.
I also set 3 assorted serama eggs, 4 assorted polish eggs, and 5 assorted silkie eggs in the incubator the same day. Getting two more surprise dozens tomorrow, which will be set right after I get them. I'll update y'all on what they are when i get them ❤️.

And now here I am, in the June hatch-a-long as well.
One of my silkies went broody Tuesday, I gave her 6 of her own eggs- (Not even sure if they're fertile though, she's a loner bird.. )
View attachment 3525374
If i did the math right they should hatch around June 20th? Correct me if I'm wrong.
I also set 3 assorted serama eggs, 4 assorted polish eggs, and 5 assorted silkie eggs in the incubator the same day. Getting two more surprise dozens tomorrow, which will be set right after I get them. I'll update y'all on what they are when i get them ❤️.
your dates are right. and wow lots more chicks! I am trying to figure out my next hatch but I need to be sure that I have the brooder cleared before they hatch so my next batch isn't stuck in the inside brooder for a moth like the batch in there now!

I would think they wouldn't starve themselves.... But yes comb gets paler, they can look a bit droopy. This is a pic of my mama with her babies, they hatched on the 20th so she has been out of the box since around the 22nd so eating and drinking whenever and she still looks a bit run down and pale comb. Her comb will pinken up as she gets close to laying again.

Oof. OK. I breathe again😅. She's the smartest of the bunch, so I trust her to know that she need to get up and eat...regularly

I still offer mine some food and water while they're sitting, though. Especially when it's warm out!

I will also start offering some meat pieces here and there. As for water, it's going to be a disaster if I try it. Their feeder is pretty much next to the nest as well, so she doesn't need to move much

Back
Top Bottom