June 2023 Hatch-a-long

Pics
I didn't get him yet, maybe tonight or tomorrow. I have more hens than this but these are my laying/breeding hens who will be romanced by the LO.
Below is Beatrice, she is a Blue copper maran, hopefully we will lighten that up...
View attachment 3522639
Below is "Isabella" She is a blue EE.
View attachment 3522640
Below is Bluebelle, she is a bluebell egger.
View attachment 3522643
Below is a NN, I have 2 hens, it would be fun to get a lavender NN. This is Rusty.
View attachment 3522647
This is "Golt." She is a gloden spitzenhauben.
View attachment 3522652
Below is Nell. Her mom was a blue frizzle, it would be nice to get the blue color back.
View attachment 3522655
Below is Fancy Nancy a frizzle NN no relation to Nell...
View attachment 3522656
Don't you love it when they blink right as you take a pic? BCMView attachment 3522658
Below is another blinking Blue isbar, (funny when she started to lay-blam! Her comb got large and red.
View attachment 3522659
Lastly I have 2 AC's and one Mozaic that looks like an AC but lays a gray egg.View attachment 3522661
13 hens.
Plus 2 more, I have a blue laced wyandotte, i forgot to mention... She is also doing the blinky thing...
View attachment 3522664
And this steelegger too!
View attachment 3522665
Beautiful birds!!!

I didn't hear him crow so much, but my husband said he could hear him, I know the neighbors probably did also, but he was in the coop, so it was not too bad.

I would think that it's just him getting adjusted. I don't know if you've mentioned age, but mature males aren't that lustful. Since he was with his hens till you picked him up and brought him to your place, he wasn't really all that interested. It could also be the change in environment

So the lady that gave me the isbar/CCL eggs had me hatch splash Cochins for her. Those were the chicks that hatched wed/Thurs. So she picked them up today and brought me some quail eggs. So guess I am going to hatch some quail. Lol. Once her CCL have been alone without the isbars I am getting some of those eggs too. The last ones should have been mostly CCL and a few mix, all but 1 was a mix. Guess she had them all together and the isbar roo was the one getting the job done.

How long would you say to be sure no isbar mixes? Think she separated them 2 weeks ago.

So the lady that gave me the isbar/CCL eggs had me hatch splash Cochins for her. Those were the chicks that hatched wed/Thurs. So she picked them up today and brought me some quail eggs. So guess I am going to hatch some quail. Lol. Once her CCL have been alone without the isbars I am getting some of those eggs too. The last ones should have been mostly CCL and a few mix, all but 1 was a mix. Guess she had them all together and the isbar roo was the one getting the job done.

How long would you say to be sure no isbar mixes? Think she separated them 2 weeks ago.
Not sure, but I think I remember reading three weeks separation?

Back
Top Bottom