June 2023 Hatch-a-long

Pics
hatch more ducks! Hatch more ducks!
jennifer lawrence whistle GIF

What day do quail eggs hatch on? I am away days 13-15. So I wait and stop turning on day 15 or do it day 13. I can come home since I am close but day 14 would be hard to come home since we are doing my daughter's grad party that day.

Of my eggs, the local eggs only one egg was fertile, usually I do better, one local egg was too dark to see in though. (Blue, keeping it) the eggs my friend gave me from the LO rooster, (16) four were duds so far including the blue isbar eggs. Darn. MY eggs didn't get fertilized, since I didn't keep the rooster long enough. But with so many hatching eggs at my ready for almost free, and I have plenty of hens, I don't really need a rooster.

I think it's day 18. But it's more than 15 days, unless you're hatching Chinese quail, I don't know if those take shorter. Either way, have a blast on your daughter's grad party (and congrats), I'm sure the chicks won't be too upset with staying in the brooder for a little more time
oh I wasn't worried about them hatching that day but more on if they hatch on day 16 should I wait till day 15 to lockdown or just do it on day 13? I have seen some say day 16, some say day 18.... If it is day 18 (my house likes to hatch things a day early. LOL) then waiting till day 15 for lockdown isn't bad. but if earlier thinking I should maybe stop turning on day 13? but I don't want to stop turning too early....

What day do quail eggs hatch on? I am away days 13-15. So I wait and stop turning on day 15 or do it day 13. I can come home since I am close but day 14 would be hard to come home since we are doing my daughter's grad party that day.
What day are you setting your quail eggs? I just bought some from Meyer today for my aunt…will be setting toward the end of June when they get here. 😊 She wants me to sell chicks for her next year, but she’s down to only 3 quail left right now and needs to replenish.

What day are you setting your quail eggs? I just bought some from Meyer today for my aunt…will be setting toward the end of June when they get here. 😊 She wants me to sell chicks for her next year, but she’s down to only 3 quail left right now and needs to replenish.
I set them yesterday so they are on day 1. LOL

I finally got a pip! I set Friday night and I just now finally got a pip on one egg! I believe there are other internal pips because I finally also hear peeping! I was getting scared as my other hatches always came at least a day early ugh not this time and no movement or peeps so thought I had lost all the eggs.. patience is a virtue that I have a hard time with come hatching day lol.. wish me luck with a decent hatch and all healthy! 💜

I finally got a pip! I set Friday night and I just now finally got a pip on one egg! I believe there are other internal pips because I finally also hear peeping! I was getting scared as my other hatches always came at least a day early ugh not this time and no movement or peeps so thought I had lost all the eggs.. patience is a virtue that I have a hard time with come hatching day lol.. wish me luck with a decent hatch and all healthy! 💜
good luck!! hopefully they all hatch!

Back
Top Bottom